#1 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

Was going to call it The Forge, then realized that was already taken.  That's a good one!

Anyone want to make a name suggestion?

I'd like to add some more bumpers, gymnastics rings, a heavier kettlebell, make a diy plyo box setup with my bench and figure out some kind of rower/bike.

It's a little sketchy when doing Snatch, C+J, OHS. If I bail the weight out behind me there's a chance that it goes into my desk and my desktop computer so that's always in the back of my mind.

Attached Files

• VidaMD, Jumper, Stu and 10 others like this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#2 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:22 PM

Looks awesome!

Names? The Chamber, The Grill, The Pressure Cooker, The RiddleBox, The Well ........

• BeachBuckeye likes this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#3 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

Looks awesome!

Names? The Chamber, The Grill, The Pressure Cooker, The RiddleBox, The Well ........

Those are good suggestions that have my creativity going now. It definitely gets hot in there when the morning sun comes up and hits those windows. I can't open the garage door more than a couple feet because the top of my rack is in the way, and I close the interior door into the house as not to wake up the family. It gets sweaty and stuffy in there pretty quick.

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#4 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

Okay so I'm thinking either:

The Iron Dojo (there's a local sports radio character that calls the Lakers arena "The Downtown Hoops Dojo" and that always cracks me up)

or

The Icy Hot Box (in honor of the copious amounts of Icy Hot I use after a hard workout. Maybe I could get one of those naming rights license deals?)

#5 Hammer

Hammer

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

Since you're an Ohio State fan...

The Nut Chamber

"Hey all you Vegetarians....  My food poops on your food."

"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#6 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:35 PM

Since you're an Ohio State fan...

The Nut Chamber

The Nut Cracker?

• Hammer likes this

#7 Hammer

Hammer

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

The Nut Cracker?

LOL I thought of that one too but figured I'd stick with Chamber. 

"Hey all you Vegetarians....  My food poops on your food."

"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#8 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:21 AM

Pics from my new garage gym at the HOA

Could use some help on the rack and barbell. Just want to make sure this rack is fine for doing all the things we normally do? Also the barbell, just seems like a cheap knock off.

Also, obviously need a new name for my training home. Taking all suggestions.

So far I've come up with :

House of Mirrors

Who bought all this stuff gym

Put Your Weights Away Bro, Gym

Cardio Room
Album: My New HOA Gym
10 images
0 comments

• Pops and danduerksen like this

#9 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

well....given that it looks very, um, "sterile" and maybe somewhat adverse to "real" sweat, it's really not that bad! Especially for a public consumption type set up.

The rack really should be fine, especially if it has counter weight on the back side.

The bar looks like a standard garage sale Olympic bar. If the chrome peels off in your hands then you know you've got a winner. I've got 4 shit bars in various states of decomposition. But hey, the price was right. (free)

Worst case, what would be the cons of bringing your own bar up there? 

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#10 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

well....given that it looks very, um, "sterile" and maybe somewhat adverse to "real" sweat, it's really not that bad! Especially for a public consumption type set up.

The rack really should be fine, especially if it has counter weight on the back side.

The bar looks like a standard garage sale Olympic bar. If the chrome peels off in your hands then you know you've got a winner. I've got 4 shit bars in various states of decomposition. But hey, the price was right. (free)

Worst case, what would be the cons of bringing your own bar up there? 

So my plan is to figure out the HOA politics, start going to the meetings and get friendly, then pitch them my full Rogue setup (rack, barbell, bumpers, collars...etc). There's definitely room in there to move stuff around and it could easily fit in there. Not sure if they would consider buying it, but honestly I would donate it for free if it meant I could keep using it for another 5+ years.

#11 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,279 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

Dude, it looks perfect!!! You got a rower for free. Treadmill for free. Dumbbells, weights, balls, etc all FREE!!! And good chance no one is ever going to be down there when you are, so even more perfect. Might want to ask if you could put up an actual pull-up bar, or get one of those doorway things. And the bar might be a pos, but I'm with Pops, just bring your own from home. I thought you were going to be "donating" all your gear anyway...

*I was typing my response the same time you were responding so I see now where the idea of donating has gone...

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#12 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

Dude, it looks perfect!!! You got a rower for free. Treadmill for free. Dumbbells, weights, balls, etc all FREE!!! And good chance no one is ever going to be down there when you are, so even more perfect. Might want to ask if you could put up an actual pull-up bar, or get one of those doorway things. And the bar might be a pos, but I'm with Pops, just bring your own from home. I thought you were going to be "donating" all your gear anyway...

*I was typing my response the same time you were responding so I see now where the idea of donating has gone...

Damn, that's a great idea about the over the doorway pull up bar. I'll get one of those and just leave it down there, I don't see a problem with that. I'm hesitant to take the rest of my gear down there and just leave it until I really know the climate of the HOA. I want to make friends first not enemies. I'm sure there's a committee or something, and someone will probably get all up in arms if I don't stroke their ego. You know what I'm saying?

#13 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Also, definitely NOT free, LOL! We pay a hefty HOA fee. We probably wouldn't have bought this place if we were the kind of people that wouldn't use the gym, sauna, pools, and tennis courts, but we definitely will and so that's how I'm justifying the HOA fee.

#14 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,279 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

Also, definitely NOT free, LOL! We pay a hefty HOA fee. We probably wouldn't have bought this place if we were the kind of people that wouldn't use the gym, sauna, pools, and tennis courts, but we definitely will and so that's how I'm justifying the HOA fee.

Ok... so like a gym membership then. That's not as fun. At least you have incentive to get down there and use it.

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#15 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, took the kids and jumped in the pool Sunday evening. It was a bit chilly outside, high 50's (F), but the pool is heated a bit so just had to stay in the water. Definitely looking forward to using up all the amenities as much as possible. Going to grab some tennis rackets at the resale sporting goods store and get the kids out there and play around.

• Pops and UKoldguy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users