Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)    58     328    
Kettelbell HIIT Tabata Workout  22     200    

Afternoon workout:
Master's Hammer (D4-01) Hammer Build Up 33     220   

total estimated cals: 873

Notes:

Kettelbell HIIT Tabata

2000 meter row in a tad over 8 minutes.

10 mile bike ride (audiobook = Cancer Is Not a Disease!)

First time I have ever done the Hammer Build Up and I really liked it.

• VidaMD, Spartan Tough, Stu and 16 others like this

#2 1Man1Garage

1Man1Garage

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

That Kettelbell HIIT Tabata looked NASTY!  Nice work!

#3 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:16 AM

That Kettelbell HIIT Tabata looked NASTY!  Nice work!

I need a heavier kettelbell. I think his workout was a lot nastier than mine. My kettelbell is around 25ish. I think he said his was around 70.

#4 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:17 AM

Got off work late today. Only one workout this morning:

Jump Rope 10x3Min Rounds w/ 30sec rest between sets approx 38 minutes total.

Approx cal burn according to MFP 380 cals.

This is week 9, day 1 of a 10 week Challenge. Only this week and next week left!

• VidaMD and steviesch like this

#5 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

The more and more I hear you guys talk about kettelbells the more and more i think i need some. Gotta make them tho,  cant afford the price of iron at this time.

[Ingredients: oven formed Sand filled (1 inch?)PVC pipe, basketballs and possibly other type gym balls, quick create, scale, gravel, drill and some 6 inch bolts......hmmmm, hopefully talked myself into it, lol.]

I got winded reading about your ten rounds of jump rope. Nasty

• tpalmiter and danduerksen like this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#6 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:52 AM

workouts (minutes/estimated cals):

Jump Rope 10x3Min Rounds w/ 30sec rest between sets         30 384  

Weider Ruthless 20 min Hardcore Total Body Interval Training  20 242  
Body Beast - Beast Abs                                                              12 20

Est cals burned: 646

Notes: Jump Rope is supposed to be Mon, Wed., and Friday. However, I think I'm not going to get to workout tomorrow, so I moved a day ahead.

Ruthless was a fast/slow circuit. First time doing it and I liked this one better than some of the other Ruthless workouts.

Beast Tempo Abs. I can still feel it as I type this.

• UKoldguy likes this

#7 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,279 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

Jay8: Crazy guys and their heavy kettle bells. There's some pretty brutal workouts you can do with a light bell.

Stu: Bells are worth the price. It's a solid investment. One time purchase, they last forever, and you can always resell for almost brand new price if you keep it in good shape. The youtube videos make diy way too easy. Shop around and wait for a good sale.. boxing day is coming.

• Stu likes this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#8 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:44 AM

The more and more I hear you guys talk about kettelbells the more and more i think i need some. Gotta make them tho,  cant afford the price of iron at this time.

Fitness Gear Adjustable Kettlebell $49.99

I agree they are expensive, but I got an adjustable one. It's like getting multiple kettelbells, because you can make it what you want. But...I haven't tried to put big plates on it because I kind of think they would get in the way and not be comfortable hitting my arms. It would be really easy to lower the weight of it, though.

• Stu and danduerksen like this

#9 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

Rowed a leisurely 5k (3.1 miles) in 24:24 and burned approx 260 cals.

Work was crazy the last two days. I worked about 16 hours yesterday and 13 today. Hardly even got a lunch. I worked ground crew and pulled dishes up about 180 feet up a tower by myself. They actually went up really smooth. It was cold, cold. Cold.

Anyway, I think the craziness is over, and I'm really hoping to get back on schedule. The good thing is, I didn't actually get too far off track with my food. That's the hardest part for me on the road.

• Pops likes this

#10 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

Fitness Gear Adjustable Kettlebell $49.99
I agree they are expensive, but I got an adjustable one. It's like getting multiple kettelbells, because you can make it what you want. But...I haven't tried to put big plates on it because I kind of think they would get in the way and not be comfortable hitting my arms. It would be really easy to lower the weight of it, though.

Very cool tip Jay8! Might be perfect!

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#11 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:09 AM

Morning workout:

Jump Rope 10x3Min Rounds w/ 30sec rest between sets      30     384    

Afternoon workout:

RIPT90 D13 Total Body Tamer                                                33     380

Note: Week 9 of 10 week challenge is done. I only need next Mon, Wed. and Friday (and one makeup day).

RIPT90 is my first time doing it. I got the calorie count from the included book...minus a little bit because I'm older.

#12 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

Morning workout:

10 sets of Facebook / 2 Sets of Digg / 1 Crap load of coffee.

RIPT90 D03 Back Breaker                                      42          420    
Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile)           38:35     312

Afternoon workout:

Bh: Pure Burn Super Strength                                66         620

Notes: Running = Lazy 5K. First time I have ran since I started the 10-week Jump Rope Challenge. Audiobook = Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape

Estimated cals burned before lunch: 732

Total estimated cals:                          1352

• Jumper likes this

#13 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:41 PM

Morning workout (minutes / cals)

3 sets of Fark / 4 sets of coffee / 2 sets of Facebook

Ruthless (18) Performance Stretch - Yoga                             20     49    
Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)         62     293

Note: The yoga workout is one of the best things about the Ruthless DVDs. Bike ride = 10 miles. Audiobook = Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape

Afternoon workout:

Body Beast (Bulk) Arms                                                           38   278

• tpalmiter likes this

#14 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

[Ingredients: oven formed Sand filled (1 inch?)PVC pipe, basketballs and possibly other type gym balls, quick create, scale, gravel, drill and some 6 inch bolts......hmmmm, hopefully talked myself into it, lol.]

I got winded reading about your ten rounds of jump rope. Nasty

Jay8: Crazy guys and their heavy kettle bells. There's some pretty brutal workouts you can do with a light bell.

Stu: Bells are worth the price. It's a solid investment. One time purchase, they last forever, and you can always resell for almost brand new price if you keep it in good shape. The youtube videos make diy way too easy. Shop around and wait for a good sale.. boxing day is coming.

I lucked out and picked up my kg kettlebells (4,8,12,16,20,24) for 139.95. I would have rather gotten a lbs set but the same bells in pounds were more than twice the price. Plus the place I got them is somewhat local so I avoided shipping charges as well. I would like to, sometime, pick up another set so I can do some 2-bell work.

#15 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

That is a steal of a deal!! Crazy. I think I paid almost $250 for an 8, 12, 16 and 20. Canadian though, so almost the same price. :lol:

• tpalmiter likes this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

#16 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

Morning workout (minutes / cals)

3 sets of Fark / 4 sets of coffee / 2 sets of Facebook

Ruthless (18) Performance Stretch - Yoga                             20     49    
Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)         62     293

Note: The yoga workout is one of the best things about the Ruthless DVDs. Bike ride = 10 miles. Audiobook = Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape

How do you like listening to books instead of music? I'm wondering about trying listening to podcasts or books but doubt I could keep my energy levels up for an early morning workout.

#17 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:24 AM

Morning workout (mins / cals):

Jump Rope 10 sets x 3 min of Jump Rope w/ 20 seconds of rest between sets     30 / 384

Afternoon workout:

RIPT90 Dirty Dozen                                                                                                 22 / 280

Est cals:                                                                                                                    664

Notes:

Dirty Dozen =

Exercises (do 2 times):

12 Tuck Jumps
12 Pull-ups
12 Thrusters
12 Dead-Lifts
12 Push-ups
12 Burpees
12 Fly Traps (core move; lay on back and jackknife straight arms and legs till they touch)
12 Push Press (he actually just does overhead presses the majority of the time)
12 Side Knees alternating each side
12 Dumbbell Swings (kettlebell move except he brings the dumbbell all the way overhead)
12 Sit-ups
12 Squats (unweighted)

OK, I suck at Fly Traps. I scaled with abmat situps instead. A little slow on burpees. The rest was by the books. I did break a sweat.

#18 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:37 AM

How do you like listening to books instead of music? I'm wondering about trying listening to podcasts or books but doubt I could keep my energy levels up for an early morning workout.

I really like it. I go through 1 - 2 books a month, and I have for a couple of years now. At one point, with a lot of driving at work, I could get 3 books a month. Now that my workouts have changed, I'm down to 1 book, maybe 2, depending on length. It works great on bike rides, running and walking. When I do tabatas now, I have some tabata music I got off of Amazon. It doesn't work too well with my rowing or DVDs. My books per month dropped about the same time my "5K a day" stopped. :)  I reviewed so many books that I was in the top 15,000 reviewers on Amazon for a while (I haven't checked in a while).

Long drive at work today. I knocked out about 3 hours of Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape. This is a crazy book. If the Stepford Wives created a religion, this would be it.

#19 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

Morning workout (mins/cals):

Crossfit Hardcore Tabata Fat Burn (20 min)                20     260

Note: Weather almost got me.

Afternoon workout:

Rushfit: Strength & Endurance Workout                       40    360

total est. cals                                                                         620

Note: First time doing this Rushfit workout.

#20 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:22 AM

Morning workout (min / cals):

Jump Rope 10x3Min Rounds w/ 20sec rest between sets      30     384    

Afternoon:
Masters Hammer (D4-01) Hammer Build Up                          32     213

Est cals                                                                                             597

Note: Only Friday left on Jump Rope Challenge, and possibly one makeup day.

Hammer Build Up is a good solid workout, too. Not too hard, not too easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users