1841 replies to this topic

#41 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

Crossfit "Barbara" this morning in 33:29. Link to video below where a 4-year Crossfiter (40+ Master) does it in 44:32.

Either I can't count, or I jammed on this one. Not sure which one. :) Freaking pull-ups were my weak point today. Doing much better on sit-ups.

https://youtu.be/IR795lMuTDg

Attached Files

• VidaMD, AntoineTulk, GalenZed and 5 others like this

#42 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:27 AM

Morning workout (mins / cals)

Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)         68     324    

Afternoon workout

Masters Hammer (D2-04) Body Beast Total Body                  40     342

Total                                                                                                666   <-- yikes

Note: bike ride audiobook = The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French Revolution

Pretty sure this was my first time doing this Master's Hammer workout. Very Crossfit WOD-like, with dumbbells thrown in. I substituted dips for the chin-ups, because I only did 100 of them on the Crossfit WOD I did this morning.

I wish Beachbody would do a kettelbell workout. I bet it would be good.

#43 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Christmas morning 10K (5k rowing, 5k lazy run):

Rowing, stationary, moderate effort                                        22     295    
Running (jogging), 5.2 mph                                                    38     309

Afternoon workout:

Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)          49     234    
Anarchy Workout - Phase 2 Strength                                     28     342

Est cals                                                                                          1,180

Note: Running / bike ride audiobook = The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French Revolution.  

I really didn't intend to do so much today. My electricity went out, so I went on a bike ride in case I had no electricity tonight. But then my electricity came back on, so Anarchy. Anarchy workout was awesome.

• steviesch likes this

#44 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:27 AM

Morning workout (mins / cals):

Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)             66     313    
Anarchy Workout - Phase 2 Endurance                                     28     320    

Afternoon workout:

Anarchy Workout - Phase 2 Cardio                                           28     365

Est cals:                                                                                              998

Bike Ride audiobook = about 30 minutes of this: The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French Revolution

about 30 minutes of this: How to Be Totally Unhappy in a Peaceful World

Note: First time I have done either of these Anarchy workouts. Both was top notch.

#45 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:10 AM

Crossfit Hardcore Tabata Fat Burn (20 min)            20        280    

Afternoon workout:

Body Beast (Tempo) Chest & Tris                        51        352

Est cals:                                                                            632

Notes: Tempos are the two hardest workouts of the Body Beast series. It's crazy how much more difficult it is to do the same thing, slowly.

• steviesch and Poppy G like this

#46 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:09 AM

30-minutes To Fitness - Home Gym Intervals (Workout 1)       30     280    

Afternoon workout:

Rushfit: Strength & Endurance Workout                                    46     414

Est Cals                                                                                               694

• VidaMD likes this

#47 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:09 AM

Morning workout (min / cals):

Bob Harper - Pure Burn using the Inside Out Method Workout 2                   20     275    

Afternoon workout:

Anarchy Workout - Abs                                                                                   15       25    
Anarchy Workout - Phase 2 Endurance                                                          28     320

Est. cals                                                                                                                    620

Notes: I was crazy close to over sleeping this morning and not getting to work out. Still pulled it off and got to work just about on time.

• Pops likes this

#48 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

Time = 48:03

eo35kr2.png

Note: There was one round where I wasn't sure if I did two or three rounds of push-ups, sit-ups, squats so I did one extra round at the end, just to be sure.

Eo3 5K R2 is just done on a rower instead of running. It's cold outside and this rowing machine was not cheap. Gotta use it some.

• BeachBuckeye likes this

#49 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

UK does his the same way but doubles up the distance for rowing.. or 1.5 times the distance.. or something. I like this idea. Wonder if there could be something done to make this an "official" workout with an "official" time standard..

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#50 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

Eo3 5k R2                                                                48    430   

Afternoon workout:

Master's Hammer (D3-01) - Hammer Power           38     315

Est Cals                                                                             745

Note: Hammer Power is Beachbody's Olympic lifting with dumbbells. Good intro stuff. Not totally sure about some of their form. 

#51 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:08 AM

UK does his the same way but doubles up the distance for rowing.. or 1.5 times the distance.. or something. I like this idea. Wonder if there could be something done to make this an "official" workout with an "official" time standard..

Good idea. I've got 4 "trophies" on Nike+ for 100-plus mile months. Though I've backed off some, a 5K is my favorite run. I used to call myself 5K-a-day Jay. I get that the Eo3 5K is hard core and all, but the only place I have to run is either on a trail or down a bumpy black-top road. The thought of doing situps on the side of the road, honestly I don't find too appealing. Or on my trail on days everything is all wet? I guess I'm wimpy, but just not feeling it. It works pretty good on a rower.

• steviesch likes this

#52 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:50 AM

Morning workout (min / cals):

Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)              53     395    

After lunch workout:

Anarchy Workout - Phase 2 Cardio                                            28     365

Afternoon Workout:

Body Beast (Build) Back & Bis                                                    50     375

Est cals                                                                                             1,135

Notes: That's pushing a PR for my 10 mile bike ride. Not sure it is a PR, but it's up there. Had a problem with my bike forever. Amazing how much easier it is to bike when you can use BOTH legs. :)  Also stupid that it was only 25.00 to fix it. I thought it was going to be a lot more or I would have fixed it a long time ago. Still has an issue, but way better.

Anarchy Workout after lunch. This series is really growing on me. Damn, it packs a lot into 28 minutes.

BB - Back & Bis is my favorite Body Beast vids.

#53 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:58 AM

AMPED Warm-up, by Diesel Crew                                                             9       14    
Kettelbell HIIT Tabata Workout (https://youtu.be/6yykmeUNVII)              22     200    
Rowing, stationary, moderate effort                                                           7     100    

After lunch:

Anarchy Workout - Phase 2 Endurance                                                    28     320    

Afternoon:

Masters Hammer (D2-02) - Max Hammer Strength                                 35     272

Est cals:                                                                                                             906

#54 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

Morning workout  (mins / cals)

Body Beast - Cardio                                                                      30     342    

After lunch:

Bicycling, 10-12 mph, light (cycling, biking, bike riding)                 62     293    

Afternoon:

PiYo - Hardcore on the Floor                                                        33     209

Est cals:                                                                                                 844

Note: Have to go back to work tomorrow so I can take a break. :)   Not going to lie, it took everything I had to make it through PiYo. A freaking 30 minute ab workout. But on the bright side, I have abs to work! 

Bike ride audiobook = The Jain Path: An Annotated Guide

• Pops likes this

#55 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Good idea. I've got 4 "trophies" on Nike+ for 100-plus mile months. Though I've backed off some, a 5K is my favorite run. I used to call myself 5K-a-day Jay. I get that the Eo3 5K is hard core and all, but the only place I have to run is either on a trail or down a bumpy black-top road. The thought of doing situps on the side of the road, honestly I don't find too appealing. Or on my trail on days everything is all wet? I guess I'm wimpy, but just not feeling it. It works pretty good on a rower.

Nope. I looked at how this Eo3 5k is set up and decided it's either on the treadmill, track, or loop from the house. Definitely fair weather. Wouldn't dream of trying this doing the sit ups on the side of a road or on a trail.

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#56 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:24 AM

Morning workout (cals / mins):

30-minutes To Fitness - Home Gym Intervals (Workout 1)          40     373    

Afternoon workout:

Masters Hammer (D4-01) Hammer Build Up                               30     200

Total est cals:                                                                                        573

Note: 30-minute Fitness was Amped today. Cardio was on my rowing machine. I did the video but added 5 chin-ups and 5 push-ups to each interval. Also, didn't stop the rower until a full 5K was done. Worked out good.

Tomorrow may be a little screwy. Not sure what I will get done. Depends on how early I want to get up.

#57 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

Rowing, stationary, moderate effort                 23     290

Got up early to row. Had six hours of driving today. Got home late. My house is freezing. Screw it. Built a fire and I'm going to bed. No workout tonight. :)

• Pops likes this

#58 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:46 AM

Morning workout:

Masters Chisel (D3-02) Total Body Chisel              35     267    

Afternoon workout:

Aerobics, step, with 6-8 inch step                           27     240              (Step Reebok, Gin Miller)

Est Cals                                                                           507

Notes: Man, I managed to really screw up my shoulder this morning on the Chisel Total Body. Really crazy because it's a pretty tame workout. I must have slept on it wrong and then obliterated it with even light weights. It felt odd but didn't really hurt until I was done. This sucks. Stuck on cardio tonight.

#59 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

Hope it gets better soon.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#60 jay8anks

jay8anks

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

Morning workout (mins / cals)

Rowing, stationary, moderate effort                23     289

Est cals                                                                     

Notes: Rowed my standard 5k. Dropping down to just one workout today. It's freezing and my shoulder is still hurting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users