#42 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:41 AM

Great work! Is your trail run this weekend or next?

Adventure racing sounds intense. I'll have to look into that. Do they have check points for bikes or do you have to drag those around with you? Mine is a beast.

Trail run is the 18th. Just doing the half marathon. This is a pretty difficult trail. Very rugged, lots of elevation gain/loss, and very technical. This will be my 5th year running it and I have only broken 3 hours once. And that was before they altered the course last year pushing most finishing times back almost 30 minutes. For reference, the winning time last year was 2hr 36min. I won't be near that!

Yes, on adventure races you typically will have a drop for your bike and possibly other gear. However you are expected to be self sufficient, so on the longer duration races, teams are often carrying why a bit of gear/supplies.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

#43 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:45 AM

Wednesday 2/8/16

Trail Ride
1:02 - approximately 11 miles.

Stu,
I was able to keep my ding-a-ling from dangling in the dirt. Can't say the same for my left knee. Got a little loose in a corner and bike went right out from under me <_<. Just a little minor trail rash though. No biggie.
  • Poppy G likes this

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

#44 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,530 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

Way to drive on Thin, ouch tho !!!

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#45 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

Thursday 2/9/17

Morning

Trail Run - What a cluster this turned out to be. The plan was 5 mile trail run, push pace. Yesterday temps got into the 80's here. This morning it was about 34F. I guess yesterday's temps had me fooled and I did not dress appropriately so I was pretty cold. I also forgot my watch so I had no idea about my pace other than "feel". That didn't work very well, because I just wasn't "feelin it" this morning. Probably due to caloric deficit. Have not really noticed it on weight sessions, but definitely feel it during longer cardio sessions. Felt like the universe was telling me something and just ended up cutting the run short. I'm guessing about 3 miles give or take.

Afternoon

OMOB Cycle 1, Week 3

Squat

2 x 190

2 x 215

1 x 225

1 x 245

15:00 EMOM

2 x 190

• Stu, Poppy G and BeachBuckeye like this

#46 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

When the universe speaks it behooves us to listen. Good run Thin

#47 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

Stupid caloric deficit.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#48 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:16 AM

Stupid caloric deficit.

Amen brother!
  • Pops likes this

#49 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:55 AM

At least your not like stu. He would have argued with the universe for so long he would have become the hermit on the hill. People would flock too for advice and wisdom only to come back down wondering what the fuck he had just said lol
On the other hand dude you got stuff done so all ways good
  • Stu and ThinBlueLine like this
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#50 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

Friday 2/10/17

OMOB Cycle 1, Week 3

Strict Press

2 x 90

2 x 100

1 x 105

1 x 115

15:00 EMOM

2 x 90

Ugh! This was pretty terrible. There was also supposed to be some pull ups and dips followed by time on the bike this afternoon, but beer. SO. MUCH. BEER.

How in the hell did I drink the way I used to??? I'm a wreck today.

• Pops likes this

#51 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

:lol: I ask myself that all the time. Now it's not about how much beer can you drink, but how much water you remember to drink before going to sleep. And trying not to deadlift or squat the next morning.

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#52 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

Thursday 2/9/17

Morning

Trail Run - What a cluster this turned out to be. The plan was 5 mile trail run, push pace. Yesterday temps got into the 80's here. This morning it was about 34F. I guess yesterday's temps had me fooled and I did not dress appropriately so I was pretty cold. I also forgot my watch so I had no idea about my pace other than "feel". That didn't work very well, because I just wasn't "feelin it" this morning. Probably due to caloric deficit. Have not really noticed it on weight sessions, but definitely feel it during longer cardio sessions. Felt like the universe was telling me something and just ended up cutting the run short. I'm guessing about 3 miles give or take.

Do you fuel up in the morning or go out empty? Could try something like fuel gels before cardio/conditioning to give yourself just a little more in the tank. Might not need to for weight sessions because you give your muscles more time to recover. In general. I'm sure this time, specifically, your body used all the energy trying to keep your temp up.

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

#53 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

Ugh! This was pretty terrible. There was also supposed to be some pull ups and dips followed by time on the bike this afternoon, but beer. SO. MUCH. BEER.

How in the hell did I drink the way I used to??? I'm a wreck today.

You Got me chuckling out loud Thin...Mostly at myself.

I never thought I would get so old as to actually drink beer for the TASTE.

"Back in the day" I never understood why they sold beer in anything less than a 12pk and now I wonder why I can't get a 3 pack? Lol! Age...

• ThinBlueLine likes this

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#54 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Do you fuel up in the morning or go out empty? Could try something like fuel gels before cardio/conditioning to give yourself just a little more in the tank. Might not need to for weight sessions because you give your muscles more time to recover. In general. I'm sure this time, specifically, your body used all the energy trying to keep your temp up.

I typically go out in a fasted state, which was particularly by design yesterday as I am trying to drop a few pounds.

#55 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

You Got me chuckling out loud Thin...Mostly at myself.

I never thought I would get so old as to actually drink beer for the TASTE.

"Back in the day" I never understood why they sold beer in anything less than a 12pk and now I wonder why I can't get a 3 pack? Lol! Age...

Oh if I had only stopped at 3!  LOL

#56 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

I typically go out in a fasted state, which was particularly by design yesterday as I am trying to drop a few pounds.

I workout fasted everyday so it would be hypocritical of me to suggest you fueling up before cardio. Especially the long sessions. The body will go after the muscle for energy first before tapping the fat stores, so some basic carbs (gels or chews) would help you out in the long run. I might have a bit more natural fuel to carry around so I don't take my own advise.

#57 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

This Thread is completely off the chain. You guys need to come and sit with the hermit on the hill. We can have a spot of tea and a freekin crumpet. Make sure and bring your nappies you soggy bastards....And beer, lots of beer and whiskey and water and whatever else makes you ladies wave your hands in the air like you just don't care.
  • ThinBlueLine likes this

#58 ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Saturday 2/11/17

Trail Run

Approximately 3.5 mi - 30:13

Ran with the Mrs. this morning so this was a very easy "conversational" pace. Just moving and trying to pull the week out of the ditch!

Week 3 Summary

Weight - 180.4 Down 1.1lbs from last week

Workouts

Hit all of my weight sessions planned for the week and all felt good. Deload week coming up. Planned deload week for the week prior to trail 1/2 marathon. Will do some light running this week and skill/technique work. Cardio sessions were kinda all over the place this week. I feel the caloric deficit in longer sessions. Note to self. Beer does not improve cardio in any way.

Nutrition

Nutrition was good for the most part. Until I went off the rails Thursday night which carried into Friday.

This week I will be adding some calories back in, especially towards the end of the week in preparation for 1/2 marathon trail run. I do not plan to go over maintenance though and don't want to go overboard loading up on carbs. I am not talented enough to contend with the front of the pack, so the plan is to just enjoy a nice run in the woods.

Sleep - Sleep was normal. 6-6.5 hours on workdays. 7-8 hours on days off.

• BeachBuckeye likes this

#59 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

A well-planned cycle Thin. You will smoke that half marathon coming off of a fresh deload week.

I predict that you will indeed hold back in your Marathon like you say you will thinking the whole time, "I could smoke some of these chumps and barbecue the rest."
Just a prediction.

Drive on with a hard on!

#60 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:42 AM

Good work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users