Okay, first up - I know Honey Badgers don’t live in a lair, but let’s face it, I’m not really a Honey Badger, and it sounds a bit cooler than burrow or sett or whatever it is that they live in!
I had a week off last week and promised I would start a log this week, so here it is. I’m still working through my current programme, which is mostly bro work, but I’m starting to substitute some moves to get me prepared for my goals/OMOB which I’m planning on starting 6 weeks.
As I said in my intro, my workouts will be mostly during my lunch hour at a nearby gym, and early morning in my garage before everyone wakes up. The morning workouts are reliant on my youngest child sleeping well and a bit later, which isn’t happening just now! I’ll continue to set my alarm and do them when I can though.
I’ve put some goals below. The structure of this was borrowed heavily from the log of mtwedt so thanks to him for that. The physical goals have an initial, intermediate and stretch target.
· Complete current programme (6 weeks to go)
· Complete 3 cycles of OMOB
· Strength (taken from OMOB Basic Strength Standards based on my body weight)
· Bench 76 Kg (Novice), 85 Kg (Nov/Int), 94 Kg (Intermediate)
· Squat 102 Kg (Novice), 114 Kg (Nov/Int), 124 Kg (Intermediate)
· Deadlift 69 Kg (Untrained) 98 Kg (untrained/Nov) 127 Kg (Novice)
· Press 51 Kg (Novice), 58 Kg (Nov/Int) 65 Kg (Intermediate)
· 5, 7, 10 Un-Assisted Strict Pull-ups (Bodyweight)
· 7, 10, 15 Full Range Un-Assisted Dips (Bodyweight)
Unless otherwise stated dates will be in dd-mm-yy format, units will be metric and 1 RM’s will be calculated (lack of spotters available at my training times. I’ll try and arrange some for my last week of OMOB cycles). Also, I’ll not bother logging my warm ups & cool downs etc, only my working sets.
Glad to be part of this, and I’m sure you guys will keep me accountable if I fall off the wagon.