01/07/17 Day 43
1. Take 15 minutes to find 1RM Snatch - 70kg
rest 5 minutes
2. Take 15 minutes to find 1RM Clean - 90kg...missed 100kg 3 times by a bees dick on the snap ...plenty of height on the pull - just a technique thing
Pretty happy with the improvement on the intial which was 40kg snatch and 80kg clean and all round in general - that's not bad for a short cycle especially with all the travel mucking things around.
02/07/17 Day 44
Endurance test - max distance
Run 7 min.
Rest 6 min.
Run 5 min.
Rest 4 min.
Run 3 min.
Rest 2 min.
Run 1 min.
5.16k which is a 200m improvement on the last, happy with that as the flu half way through the program really set my cardio back.
Now onto the next challenge I think its on to OMOB for a while ..
1. don't do this one if you have to do travel or are going on hols etc...consistency kills
2. I would not recommend this one to beginners - even with scaling its tough
3. For those of us on the wrong side of 40 I would recommend taking an extra rest day when required I just couldn't recover quick enough with some of the workload, I think those under 30 will really see stellar improvement that being said...
4. Diet and sleep really critical for this one, I really felt it when my diet/sleep was missing - key thing will be getting enough good calories and protein. Also consider creatine supps, I felt it did help performance in some of the strength workouts.
5. Mobility and recovery - Mobility WOD really helped with this, Aside from the strength and endurance improvement it really forced me to get a bit more serious with my mobility and ROM - alternative will probably be an injury.
6. I went in looking for a challenge and certainly found it - each workout will test you right to the end...its certainly amped my attitude to training and am much stronger mentally and I think that's the greatest benefit from the program - that will have a carry over effect.
7. Lastly for those considering starting H2K - practice and get good at Double unders, deadlift, snatch, clean, as it will make a difference. Also practice sprinting there is a bit of it and being unused to going flat out it kicked my arse more than anything.