#1 Willmh3

Willmh3

Zombie Apocalypse Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I am excited to announce that I found (technically I was told about) a Mennonite farm not twenty miles from my house that sells grass fed... everything. While looking for some grass fed butter I found that they sell raw milk and dairy products. If I were to buy a jar of their whey (of the curds and whey fame) would the benefits be similar to that of a Whey Protein, or am I way off base here?

• Jerred likes this

#2 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Not exactly sure but I believe that "whey protein" is an extract from "whey" as in they strip it down into it's simplest form. (denatured to remove the lactose and enzymes left over from the cheese process)  From what I understand, the left over whey also contains pro-biotics that can be healthy for your GI tract.  If you're like me, when I'm dosing heavy on whey protein it kicks in the gas factory much to the delight of my wife!  Try it and see what happens, people have been doing it since the cheese making process.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users