Photo

Cholesterol Levels: are they really that important?

cholesterol sugar efa omega blood pressure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Requiem

Requiem

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hey, guys. Here's an awesome 30min video that the Crossfit Football facebook page put up. We, as a community, need to start informing people about these kinds of things so that "conventional nutrition and health wisdom" can be re-examined in order to promote REAL healthy science. Here's the video:

http://wellfoodco.co...that-important/

#2 youngr

youngr

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Great stuff. I'm just starting to look into this. I was told I have high cholesterol and the nutritionist was very concerned. I'm a little confused though because I'm already doing most of the things she suggested (Fish oil, flax seed, beans, etc). I think eating a lot of oatmeal is about the only thing she suggested that I don't do. I guess I'll give it a try. 

Thanks for the info. I need to do some reading!

Ross

• Requiem likes this

#3 Kanegaroos

Kanegaroos

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Very interesting and eye opening to say the least! It just about confirms my theory that there is in fact a 'government conspiracy theory' !

The food pyramid for starters is proof that they want you to eat more bad stuff, (sugar, processed & refined foods) which leads to disease & medical problems (diabetes, celiac disease, etc) in turn so that the drug industry can pump out a gazillion types of medications for people to become dependent on...

My husbands family has a history of not just high cholesterol but heart disease too, and his grandfather died after suffering his 17th heart attack. The scary thing is no matter how much we do to try to be healthy, (eat healthy, exercise, try to reduce stress), genetics is against him. My husband suffered his first heart attack at the young age of 33. You read that right, he was 1 month away from his 34th birthday. After his heart attack they put him on cholesterol lowering medication to which he had terrible side effects (muscle pain, mood swings, it made him very 'angry' was the word he used), so he quit taking them. He said he'd rather have high cholesterol than have to keep taking that medication!

I think the bottom line is everybody's different. His grandmothers cholesterol was always over 400, but she never took any medications, for anything, and lived a very long life. Apparently 400 was "normal" for her and her Slovakian ancestors.
  • VidaMD and Requiem like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cholesterol, sugar, efa, omega, blood pressure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users