#1 Geese

Geese

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hello All!

I thought I'd share my garage/basement/outdoor gym with everyone! A majority of it is inside in my basement, but I try to workout outside as much as possible. I'll post some pictures of the rest next time I'm home from college (yes, I miss my gym dearly). I've been saving up and adding to it little by little, with most of it coming from the DIY Corner and Rogue.

The power rack, dumbbells, bench and more weights are inside. I was able to mount a pull-up bar below my porch from a random bar laying around in my garage, and it's worked well for a few years. I built the plyo box, 20 lb med ball (with several layers of duct tape wrapped around it), and kettlebell this past summer. Hi-Temp Bumper plates are from Rogue, which are bomb-proof. I was able to get the tire for free from the local tire store. 

My next additions will most likely be some DIY or Rogue rings. I'm also planning on building a rowing machine this winter, so I'll post pictures of that when it's complete. The blueprints for it are right next to my computer  :D

Let me know what you think!!

Attached Files

• Jerred, Bobby0 and Kanegaroos like this

#2 Duran

Duran

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

What did you fill the ball with to get 20 lbs? I tried filling a basketball with sand but only got 14 lbs out of it. Other than that, sweet set up!

#3 Geese

Geese

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

What did you fill the ball with to get 20 lbs? I tried filling a basketball with sand but only got 14 lbs out of it. Other than that, sweet set up!

I used salt pellets to fill it up. There's still some room to spare inside of the basketball, so you could add a little more weight. I followed the instructions in the DIY corner, I recommend it. I have yet to have an issue with it! Thanks!!

#4 Duran

Duran

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the info. On the search for salt pellets now!

#5 Geese

Geese

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I found mine at Home Depot, pretty reasonably priced too (less than $10 I think). They come in 50ish lb bags so there's plenty leftover!

#6 Duran

Duran

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

awesome. maybe the rest can be my next sandbag project. thank you!

#7 Jerred

Jerred

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Pretty much exactly how I started. Great work! 

#8 Geese

Geese

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Newest addition to the gym. Santa was good to me this year and brought me some Rogue rings. Love them!

Attached Files

• jpera149 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: garage gym, diy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users