#1 tcassell612

tcassell612

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

Has anyone tried running OMOB on a two day a week schedule? I started a new job and I really only have time to get to the gym on my two days off. Always Monday but the second is always different. I was thinking I could do Bench/Squat and then Deadlift/Press. Thoughts?

Thanks
  • AntoineTulk, Ahomasmip, Shauntebof and 1 other like this

#2 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,715 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

Yes mate as long as you can get the main lifts in 2 days is better than no days :) Not sure about you hittinh the EMOMs thought as that would be alot of work to get in on onw day...Try 3 lifts ?

3 lifts on one day and then EMOM all 3 the second day ?

Or 2 lifts one day with a Emom and second day one lift with 2 EMOM?

Good luck dude..

My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#3 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,339 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

Are you planning on trying to do any other activity during the week?? Vida and Pops were just talking about Wendler's 2x2x2 system. Could be adaptable to omob. With 2x2x2 it's 2 days strength, 2 days conditioning, 2 days stretching and mobility. The 2 strength days are split into upper body and lower body. Or you could try a full body on both days. There's a number of different ways to go about it. It all depends how much time you want to give it and how much accessory you want to do.

Just thinking how I would do it... probably run each week over 2 weeks with a full body split. W1D1 something like deadlift, dl emom, ohp. W1D2 ohp, ohp emom, squat. W2D1 squat, squat emom, bench. W2D2 bench, bench emom, deadlift. Would use v2. Increase to week 2 percentages on week 3. Increase to week 3 percentages on week 5. Scatter in a bunch of pull-ups. I might actually run this during the summer if my schedule gets all wacky. Thanks for bringing it up!

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#4 tcassell612

tcassell612

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for the info/suggestions. I like the 2x2x2 program. It would be a lot easier if I had a steady second day off. This week for example, I was off Monday and Tuesday. Next week I'm off Monday and Saturday. No consistency. I might be able to get into the gym before work. I'll probably look into that ( but boy do I hate getting up early!)
  • Stu and UKoldguy like this

#5 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

I will throw out Tactical Barbell Fighter template as a recommendation as well. I never followed that specific template but really enjoyed the Operator template and experienced good gains with it. 

It will be much more difficult to improve strength on a 2 day/week program though; most of them I see are designed around maintaining current strength levels for athletes with a different primary focus (MMA, any sport in season, etc). I understand that sometimes life dictates your training schedule but just something else to consider.

• UKoldguy likes this

Fac, si facis  Do it if you're going to do it.

#6 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,339 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

I agree with Virtus. Hard enough to make consistent gains working out 4-5 days a week. We all hate getting up early, but sometimes that's what you gotta do. Nice thing is with omob you can be in and out of the gym in less than 30 minutes if you just do the required sets. Or get a kb and do a quick workout at home. Lots of little things you can do during the week to compliment the work you do in the gym. But if you take 5 days off out of 7 you'll be fighting an uphill battle.

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#7 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Has anyone tried running OMOB on a two day a week schedule? I started a new job and I really only have time to get to the gym on my two days off. Always Monday but the second is always different. I was thinking I could do Bench/Squat and then Deadlift/Press. Thoughts?

Thanks

Reference 2X2X2 from Wendler - that's 2 days a week dedicated to strength - granted, there's another 4 days of doing stuff so only hitting it two days a week is rather untested.  Do what you can but don't make excuses - what I mean by that is how important is training to you and then prioritize after that.  If training is lower on the list, get in what you can and adjust your expectations.  Example - if I'm vacationing with the family, I'll take a band and use it to do pistols because I won't be to squat all week.  I'll push chairs close together and bang out dips - my point is you don't have to always go to the gym.  Get your lifts in and fill in the rest as you're able.  Doing something is better than nothing.  It's our own expectations that need be defined.

Good Luck

• Pops and danduerksen like this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#8 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Hey T, I'll bet that if you budget for two days a week and you hit it two days a week you'll feel like one badass silverback, and you will be, and you know it.

Side note: As you also know by now, I never really have any good advice to offer. LOL!
  • tcassell612 likes this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#9 tcassell612

tcassell612

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

Stu,
Thanks for that. Your "advice" statement made me laugh. And badass silverback is my goal.
  • Stu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users