33 replies to this topic

#1 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Decided to call my garage gym The Lair, which by the dictionary definition is a place where a wild animal lives. While I wouldn't say I'm wild, quite domesticated in the most part, I train pretty hard when I'm in there and given what I've spent on equipment both recently and in the last year it's probably the only place I'll be able to afford to sleep soon!

I was going to go with Strength Asylum on the basis of - you don't have to be mad to train here but it helps.........

Anyway..... so figured I could join in with this work out log malarky though I'm running the GGA programme at the moment along with the rest of the good folks in there and not sure how much I should give away........

Floor pressing up to 100kg for 5RM 

Followed by just under 28 minutes of Dips, KB Swings, Highpulls and Hollow Rocks. 

Oh today, inspired by someone in the facebook group, I made a chain yoke up (I was waiting on some bits to arrive) - I priced up chain and it turns out it's quite dear here in the UK so instead I turned to the world of climbing figuring that stuff has to hold a bunch of weight for safety reasons and using 2 climbing daisy chains, 2 caribinars and 2 loading pins (from the world of strong man - but you could use two very large washers) I now have a chain yoke for cheaper than the chains would cost. It's kinda the first thing I've made for my garage gym as I have bought everything else up to now. 

Anyone know where to buy the 5/8th inch chain in the UK cheap - the stuff they use in powerlifting? I've searched and not coming up with anything of good value

• VidaMD, Stu, danduerksen and 7 others like this

#2 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

The Lair! Love it!

Welcome to the logs. 

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." 

The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

#3 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

Chain... scrap yards or wreckers? Are you just wanting the big stuff for looks? The extra weight? Rogue sells some pretty cheap chain sets, but that's in Canada.

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#4 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

SAs Dan says mate try scrap yards.. Or if your feeling funky go to the local fire station and ask if they have any old hose and fill it with sand ;) i know a fireman chief and am going to ask him..

My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#5 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:36 AM

Will try find a scrap yard cheers!!

Did 15 minutes EMOM 2 reps at 105kg Front Squats, then ditto with deficit DLs at 135kg

The 15 minutes of Snatch Grip DL, Box Jumps, Good mornings and Plank

Have to test maxes next week - hoping to see some increases!

• VidaMD and Virtus like this

#6 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

What are your current maxes?

#7 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

I'll find out in the next few days for the main lofts but front squats 130kg and deficit DL 160kg is what I hit a few weeks ago
  • Stu and Pops like this

#8 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

Tested maxes as at end of Accelerate

Squat 155kg
Mil Press 65kg
Deadlift 170kg
Bench 110kg

All PRs

• Stu, Pops, Virtus and 2 others like this

#9 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

Fantastic! Good numbers MCR although I had to pull my calculator out to convert to lbs.... I vote no metric system used Fourth of July weekend :)
  • VidaMD and Stu like this

#10 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Ha thanks, 

In lbs it's the following

Squat - 341lbs (very pleased with this)
Press - 143 lbs (lagging so far behind and I hate it)
Deadlift - 374lbs (going the right way and not too bad)
Bench - 242lbs (Didn't train it on Accelerate and don't tend to train it even before so will work on this as well)

Did a volume bench and OHP press session today plus some rows, pull ups and band pull aparts superset in there.

I have a sporadic work week this week and can't train at all the week after  (deload time I guess) so getting in what I can this week

• Stu likes this

#11 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

I liked the look of Accerate but there were way too many heavy days for me. I really dont want to be trying to hit 1 2 3 or even 5 max's any more...

Waiting to see whats up next as it looks to be a more inclusive program..

Nicw work on your maxes dude.

"Whoops"

#12 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

Cheers! and yeah I actually need to up my strength as the fitness side seems to come easier it seems! I'm awaiting to see what Elevate is before deciding to join in with that programme or pursue pure strength while Elevate is running. I've paid my dues, I might mix in a couple of the workouts. 

Today I did Squats and Sumos with some planks, hanging leg raises, GHR and facepulls! 

Have fun all

• steviesch likes this

#13 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

I have no idea what the russian stuff is but don't click on it would be my good guess!

Did an accelerate conditioning workout today and improved my time so pretty please. Also hit some shoulders and incline bench for good measure! 

I will get stronger shoulders darn it!

#14 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Working on getting the russian crap sorted now mate. you may lose your logs for a bit but rest assured Batman Uk and Ranger Robin are on the case. so dont worry if thing dissapear they will be returned asap

• Stu likes this
"Whoops"

#15 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

Hey, you found your log! Those pesky Russians get in just about anywhere. The moderators must be taking a break or something...

Looks like you got some fantastic numbers. Don't worry about that ohp. Not a single one of us are happy with what we have. Long gone are the days a guy could clean and press 500 pounds. Just keep working toward your goals.

• Stu likes this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#16 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Hey, you found your log! Those pesky Russians get in just about anywhere. The moderators must be taking a break or something...

OMG this made me Laugh out loud, I remember giving Stu all kinds of shit for posting his log somewhere else :)

I will put this here if you dont mind MCR.

This russian spammer is a clever Russian spammer,

I would normally go to there info page and then find their content and then delet it. This guy has found a way that when i do the above it take the whole log/ forum page with it...

So if any one else finds their stuff gone it will be us sorting it out but rest assured it will be put back asap.

• Stu likes this
"Whoops"

#17 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,501 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Looks like you got some fantastic numbers. Don't worry about that ohp. Not a single one of us are happy with what we have. Long gone are the days a guy could clean and press 500 pounds. Just keep working toward your goals.

WOW ! This Vasily dude is a beast !

Dan, take it back what you said about the moderators, lest the guilt of your slander rot out your insides.

MCR, I agree with "The Dirtiest of Dans". Your numbers are great. Strong dude. Look forward to seeing that OHP # go up.

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#18 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

It's all good :) I just think I need to concentrate on pure strength for a while. I have a few targets to hit. 

Oh decided I'd start a 1 million row challenge in 12 months. So a steady 2740m a day average. Because.... why not? 

• Stu, steviesch and Pops like this

#19 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

MCRs Lair Log is back!

#20 MCR

MCR

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hit a Deadlift and Front Squats session today. Followed up with some pull ups, ab roll outs flutter kicks and T Bar Rows

Pretty hot in the UK garages this morning. 

Will get some rowing in later this evening before out for a few beers tonight

• Stu, steviesch, Poppy G and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users