• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Alakey

Alakey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hello everyone, I see - the performances here in honor, so I'll tell you a little about myself.
I am 21 years old, born and grown in Ukraine, where at the moment I am, I lived for a long time in the suburbs of London, and will soon return again to Britain.

Since childhood, I was a rather frail kid, I was fond of (and now I keep on, what to hide) drawing, writing poems, I like computer games and design. At the age of 7 I went for the dance, namely,break dance and hip hop (then it was very fashionable, hehe) was engaged in dances for about 4 years, I liked it very much, learned quite complicated tricks (as for my age) - easily did the backflip without a trampoline, or throwing up (and now I'm doing it), I was standing on my hands as if I were on my feet, and so on. However, four years later at the dress rehearsal before a very important performance I landed very badly and broke my leg. The break was very difficult, the joint was fractured on the foot, the month in the hospital, two months in a cast, and of course I had to forget about the dances, on which I was very upset.

But I was not burning for a long time, I began to get involved in acrobatics (although doctors swore very much, and parents too), tried to be careful, but still everything happened, broke my hand, but thank God, it was not terrible.
After a couple of years, we had an ordinary guy from the yards who began actively promoting the workout culture, opened several sites in the city. (Who is interested - his name is Denis Minin, on the Internet a lot of information about him - became a fairly well-known person). Well, we with the guys became interested, started doing it too - went out to the yards to the bars, some of us enrolled in the gym. So I began to slowly improve my body and myself (I think many will remember how much initially it takes the willpower to do and not to throw everything down).
Then, I finished school, entered the university. I did not become a Mr. Universe, but at least the girls started to look at me) Now I'm working in a good it-firm, met the girl with whom I am being together for two years. There were several new hobbies, but I try not to throw old ones.

Something like that, respectfully Alexander Volkov.

P.S. In attachments, I add a few photos - how I looked when I was only doing acrobatics (well, some tricks in my performance) and how I began to look now, the result is certainly not perfect, but I try, unfortunately, doing much active sports I`m not allowed by health problems (I have a little recollection in the heart from birth, not critical, but not nice).
I apologize for not the best quality of the photos, they were made on the phone, because taking an expensive camera with you on training is a pretty bad idea.

Attached Files

• VidaMD, Wendellkt, aidaes16 and 12 others like this

#2 Alakey

Alakey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

And some more images upj6NNYXNeQ.jpgHjgiqQeoxw4.jpgBPh5Pmn66cs.jpg

#3 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

Welcome to the club. Nice bio. Will be interesting to follow your journey if you stick around in the logs. Looks and sounds like you have a strong background in bodywork so if you're switching over to the weights and barbells you should have no problems. It's more a mental game than anything else. Start a log and share your plan. If you have any questions about lifts or programming there's always someone ready to help. Good luck.

"Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert physically strong and morally straight and will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be 100% and then some."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#4 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,263 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

What Dan said.. And welcome.
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#5 Alakey

Alakey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Yes, I will have a few questions, because most of the time I was just engaged in the yard with the guys, and I would be very grateful if you, like the most experienced people, helped me with drawing up a plan of training and proper nutrition (with this I have Also some problems).

#6 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Yes, I will have a few questions, because most of the time I was just engaged in the yard with the guys, and I would be very grateful if you, like the most experienced people, helped me with drawing up a plan of training and proper nutrition (with this I have Also some problems).

Need a plan? We're all about plans. I'm currently working with personal variations of one man one barbell. UK is dabbling in a bit of everything, but seems to be following concrete jungle programing for now. If you're just starting out you can try starting strength. There's 5-3-1 and stronglift 5x5 if you're a little more advanced. There's a ton of info for any of those programs floating about the internet if you can put the time into finding it. There's also the eo3 bodyweight program, and they're about to release the kettlebell program. Pretty much everyone here has done eo3 programming at some point and stuck around because this is the best place on the web for motivation and community coaching.

• Virtus likes this

"Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert physically strong and morally straight and will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be 100% and then some."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#7 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Welcome Alakey.

Dan summed it up pretty well. For beginner lifters it's tough to beat Starting Strength or 5/3/1. Consistency is the most important factor so do a little research, choose a program, and stick to it. We are all constantly learning as we go. Start up a log and ask questions as you go.

As far as nutrition I try to keep it simple. Quality meat, plenty of veggies, a few carbs, and stay away from processed foods and added sugars.

Fac, si facis  Do it if you're going to do it.

#8 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

Welcome - I think you're the first to join from the Ukraine!!  Like the others said we're all here to help, support, make fun of etc...

One of the things I find most enjoyable is hearing about the other countries, - UK, NZ, AU, CA, and Stu.  Start up a log and join in the fun!

I have gained a whole new respect for dancers and how they train.  My daughter does competitive dance and we've traveled all over the US for her competitions, it's quite amazing what these athletes can do .

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#9 Alakey

Alakey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Thank you all very much, for the desire to help) It is very pleasant to meet responsive people, I will be very busy for two or three days (I have not seen my family for nearly a year) and then we will start improving me  ;)

#10 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Thank you all very much, for the desire to help) It is very pleasant to meet responsive people, I will be very busy for two or three days (I have not seen my family for nearly a year) and then we will start improving me  ;)

Hey Alakey. Just checking back in to see if you had made a decision on a program yet; hope we didn't scare you off already.

Fac, si facis  Do it if you're going to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users