#1 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Just curious if anyone uses/ has used a fitness tracker watch? Been thinking about getting the Garmin Vivosmart HR+. Not really too interested in the step tracking but the HR and sleep tracking seem interesting and the Vivosmart is water resistant and has GPS tracking as well for $150. Any thoughts or recommendations? 

• AntoineTulk, Kiethevork and EleniWall like this

Fac, si facis  Do it if you're going to do it.

#2 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,693 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:19 AM

Sorry about that Virtus! I accidentally deleted this post going after spammers. Damn spammers!

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#3 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

No worries Stu.

Just to update my post I'm now leaning towards the Garmin Vivoactive HR. It's closer to an actual watch and has the following tracking modes:

– Run (GPS/Outdoor)
– Bike (GPS/Outdoor)
– Pool swim
– Golf
– Walk (GPS/Outdoor)
– Row (GPS/Outdoor)
– SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard)
– Ski/Snowboard
– XC Ski
– Run Indoor
– Bike Indoor
– Walk Indoor
– Row Indoor

– Strength

– Cardio
– Other

That should cover about anything I would ever want to do.

• Stu likes this

#4 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

I started writing out something really long and dumb. My take, if you use it the way it's meant to be used and accept a certain degree of error it doesn't matter what you get. The vivosmart looks more like a bracelet. That vivoactive looks like a watch. I never liked the look of these new "smart" watches so I might lean toward the smart. I always liked the look of the mio trackers, but I don't think they do gps. Tomtom watches use the mio hr technology. I've read the garmin is topnotch gps, but their hr is a bit lacking. Could be different now. I like shopping and not buying. I've never been very good at using a tracker the way it was meant to be used so my opinion means not much more than nothing.

"Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert physically strong and morally straight and will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be 100% and then some."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#5 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

I ended up getting the Vivoactive HR. GPS and being able to use it for most of my activities was the main selling point. It is compatible with chest strap HR monitors if I care for extreme accuracy. I'll do a write up on it after I've used it for a few weeks if anyone is interested.
  • BeachBuckeye and danduerksen like this

#6 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:26 AM

I ended up getting the Vivoactive HR. GPS and being able to use it for most of my activities was the main selling point. It is compatible with chest strap HR monitors if I care for extreme accuracy. I'll do a write up on it after I've used it for a few weeks if anyone is interested.

I'm interested in hearing about the GPS tracking. Thanks.

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users