Photo

How to program Olympic lifts with OMOB?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kerap2007

kerap2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

Need help on how to program Olympic lifts the OMOB Style! Thanks!
  • AntoineTulk, Kiethevork and EleniWall like this

#2 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

Pick the Olympic lifts you want to do and do 4 working sets, then the emom. Clean & jerk might be a little too much for an emom. Maybe change it to e90 or just do the clean emom. And if you drop the weights during the emom you wont have as much time after your reps. Other then that it works the same. I prefer using power cleans and power snatches as accessory movements though.

Did you have something more specific you needed help with?

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#3 kerap2007

kerap2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Pick the Olympic lifts you want to do and do 4 working sets, then the emom. Clean & jerk might be a little too much for an emom. Maybe change it to e90 or just do the clean emom. And if you drop the weights during the emom you wont have as much time after your reps. Other then that it works the same. I prefer using power cleans and power snatches as accessory movements though.

Did you have something more specific you needed help with?

Nice! I could use the power version for the emoms too!

#4 Basement_dweller

Basement_dweller

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

I just work power cleans into one day a week with 4 sets and then the EMOM or E45 with a WOD styling, muscle snatches as conditioning or accessory. 

Could also just use them as accessory if light or in a WOD after strength work. but that wouldnt have much of a progression. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users