#1 Zodd88

Zodd88

Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hey all,

I just got the program, and I was hoping to apply it to Press, Squat, and Power Clean. It's four days, but that's three lifts... Can I just drop a day, or should I find a fourth lift; and if so which lift would you recommend? Given these, should i go Ver 1 or Ver 2?

Thanks!

• Stu and aidaes16 like this

#2 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,693 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:10 PM

Jerrod says the program will work with three lifts. Not sure how to lay it out tho. Never seen it programed with three. Would depend on your goals, of course. Why not throw in the dead lift? Also, I felt that I wanted to start with version 2, but I've since learned the value of both. I'd start with version 1, but you may think differently. OMOB is a simple program that definitely works, in quick fashion.

Start up a log, plug in your current 1RM's and rock-n-roll. I'm working on my 1RM's as well, and getting ready to crank it up. Hope to see you in the forums Z!

• Zodd88 likes this
Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#3 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Press, squat and power clean. That's a powerful trio. I would second Stu's suggestion of throwing in a deadlift day, but that's just because I love deadlifting. Programming 3 lifts would be easy anyway. Just drop a day and work with a 6 day week. You'll end up doing 1 lift twice a week and get through the cycle 4 days quicker. Or replace that fourth lift day with an extra conditioning day. Not sure what your plan looks like with conditioning and rest right now. Or you could look at the accessory split update from last year. Lots of options there.

I would think you should start with v1. Especially for the first cycle. You don't want to underestimate the emom work. Don't want to start too heavy and work against your gains. 

Lots of guys here with great opinions and experience with the omob program. Any questions just ask. Start a log. This is a strong team to be part of.

• Stu and Pops like this

"Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert physically strong and morally straight and will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be 100% and then some."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#4 Zodd88

Zodd88

Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

Jerrod says the program will work with three lifts. Not sure how to lay it out tho. Never seen it programed with three. Would depend on your goals, of course. Why not throw in the dead lift? Also, I felt that I wanted to start with version 2, but I've since learned the value of both. I'd start with version 1, but you may think differently. OMOB is a simple program that definitely works, in quick fashion.

Start up a log, plug in your current 1RM's and rock-n-roll. I'm working on my 1RM's as well, and getting ready to crank it up. Hope to see you in the forums Z!

I certainly had considered deadlifting as well, but i feel like i have my press, my squat, and my pull/hip hinge movements so a 3x a week plan might fit my schedule well. My goals are a general compound strength increase and a supplement to BJJ, which is why i really like the simplicity

I did just get OMOB Saturday, so I thought Ver 1 might be the better option to start this journey, and Ver 2(or even adding a Deadlift Day) would only be 4 weeks away

• Stu likes this

#5 Zodd88

Zodd88

Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Press, squat and power clean. That's a powerful trio. I would second Stu's suggestion of throwing in a deadlift day, but that's just because I love deadlifting. Programming 3 lifts would be easy anyway. Just drop a day and work with a 6 day week. You'll end up doing 1 lift twice a week and get through the cycle 4 days quicker. Or replace that fourth lift day with an extra conditioning day. Not sure what your plan looks like with conditioning and rest right now. Or you could look at the accessory split update from last year. Lots of options there.

I would think you should start with v1. Especially for the first cycle. You don't want to underestimate the emom work. Don't want to start too heavy and work against your gains. 

My conditioning is essentially BJJ 4x a week, OMOB looked like a great and consistent supplement to that, without totally sacrificing recovery in one for the other.

6x a week sounds interesting, how would you split that?  ABCxABC?

Where can I find the accessory split update? I just purchased the basic package, the most recent update my download package came with was from 2014

#6 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

My conditioning is essentially BJJ 4x a week, OMOB looked like a great and consistent supplement to that, without totally sacrificing recovery in one for the other.

6x a week sounds interesting, how would you split that?  ABCxABC?

Where can I find the accessory split update? I just purchased the basic package, the most recent update my download package came with was from 2014

Perfect. OMOB is a great match for martial arts. Especially the muscle endurance you will get from the emoms.

Programming a 6 day week could look something like this:

Sunday day 1 Press

Monday day 2 Rest

Tuesday day 3 Squat

Wednesday day 4 Rest

Thursday day 5 Power Clean

Friday day 6 Rest

Saturday day 1 Press

Sunday day 2

And so on. Every week you hit 1 lift twice.

When you purchased the omob program you should have created an account at end of three fitness. Log into this account and the program is in your dashboard with any updates. And look through the methodology book that's with the program for more ideas.

• Stu and Zodd88 like this

"Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert physically strong and morally straight and will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be 100% and then some."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#7 Zodd88

Zodd88

Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Perfect. OMOB is a great match for martial arts. Especially the muscle endurance you will get from the emoms.

Programming a 6 day week could look something like this:

Sunday day 1 Press

Monday day 2 Rest

Tuesday day 3 Squat

Wednesday day 4 Rest

Thursday day 5 Power Clean

Friday day 6 Rest

Saturday day 1 Press

Sunday day 2

And so on. Every week you hit 1 lift twice.

When you purchased the omob program you should have created an account at end of three fitness. Log into this account and the program is in your dashboard with any updates. And look through the methodology book that's with the program for more ideas.

okay I  misread to each lift twice a week, I like how this looks!

Thank both you for all your help!

• Stu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users