#1 XFITM

XFITM

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:17 AM

What your thoughts on the update.

Is there some people that plan to try it?
  • Kennethen, GalenZed, BrantDed and 7 others like this

#2 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,715 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

Disappointed with ith mate. Its just a 5x5 really. To break plateau and only to be used for a single cycle. I was so excites waiting for it. Felt like I had pull a lovely lady only to get home to find she had a dick..
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#3 Basement_dweller

Basement_dweller

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Agreed. Feel like it was akin to the money maker or 30:30. Could have been added in the methods part of the original. PAuse and tempo work is very beneficial though. Going to try it on my poverty bench and squat. Might help with depth and getting stuck at the bottom.
  • Pops and UKoldguy like this

#4 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

After looking thru it, I see this as being quite the challenge. However,  I'm not driving like you guys are. The thought of focusing on concentric and eccentric movements to a drum beat with different beats and weights sounds intriguing to me. With a good honest weight scheme, might be what I'll need coming up. Kinda psyched about it.

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#5 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,715 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Maybe I was expecting some thing like the last update which was going to turn OMOB on its head..
"Whoops"

#6 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Maybe I was expecting some thing like the last update which was going to turn OMOB on its head..

• UKoldguy likes this

#7 XFITM

XFITM

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:45 PM

Yes I think a little bit like you. Yesterday I found the Brian Alsruhe Linear program and his Powerbuilder program. They seem more interesting for progressing from plateau. But they seem to have a lot of volume for the conditioning I want to add.

Maybe drop the bench or the OHP day to leave more room for running.

But for now I concentrate on my first cycle of OMOB V1 2016 update. I will see if I like it more than TB.
  • Stu, Pops and UKoldguy like this

#8 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,339 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

Agree with everything said here. The update is underwhelming. And the way it was presented was actually a bit "Mikey" (I got that email this morning). Lots of talk about tempo, eccentric, concentric and iso. But then they leave you hanging and basically tell you to figure it out for yourself. Pick a tempo and do 5x5. Not even a weight percentage recommendation. It really leaves the impression they forgot about the update and rushed to release something just for the sake of releasing something.

I have plans to try it out for a week as a primer since I've been out of the gym for too long. But I can't see myself running a whole cycle of tempo lifts.

• UKoldguy and XFITM like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#9 XFITM

XFITM

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:12 AM

Agree with everything said here. The update is underwhelming. And the way it was presented was actually a bit "Mikey" (I got that email this morning). Lots of talk about tempo, eccentric, concentric and iso. But then they leave you hanging and basically tell you to figure it out for yourself. Pick a tempo and do 5x5. Not even a weight percentage recommendation. It really leaves the impression they forgot about the update and rushed to release something just for the sake of releasing something.

I have plans to try it out for a week as a primer since I've been out of the gym for too long. But I can't see myself running a whole cycle of tempo lifts.

Talking of Mikey, 

Is there anyone buying this ? I entered the vip list but I think it's just a test to see if some people are interested. 

Do you think it's interesting or it's more a marketing thing ? 

#10 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,715 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Bit if both really mate. its training but at a cost.
"Whoops"

#11 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

I sign up for just about everything. You always get a chance to back out before the bill comes. Got to test out the omok program back in spring because of it. Still floating around on the outskirts of the "educate" coaching program and I get to pick up a few tid bits every once in a while (might get eo3 certified one of these days and coach kids as part of my retirement plan :lol: ). I'm a big fan of programs and the stuff the eo3 crew is coming up with. Some of it's gimmicky and more about marketing and cash flow. Absorb what is useful; discard what is not.

• Stu and UKoldguy like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

#12 Jerred

Jerred

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:39 PM

Appreciate the feedback. 

Anyone end up doing it?? We have run the 2017 Daisy Cutter update in GGA programming on 100's of athletes with phenomenal results. Perhaps we should have given more detail and direction, but the efficacy of the programming is on point. 

Finding a balance in these updates is a challenge. It looks like most people here in the forum enjoyed the 2016 updated. But I can't tell you how many 100's of emails we fielded on it being too complicated and overwhelming. So for the 2017 update, we tried to educate and keep it simple; still not perfect. 

• UKoldguy and BeachBuckeye like this

#13 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,715 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

Appreciate the feedback. 

Anyone end up doing it?? We have run the 2017 Daisy Cutter update in GGA programming on 100's of athletes with phenomenal results. Perhaps we should have given more detail and direction, but the efficacy of the programming is on point. 

Finding a balance in these updates is a challenge. It looks like most people here in the forum enjoyed the 2016 updated. But I can't tell you how many 100's of emails we fielded on it being too complicated and overwhelming. So for the 2017 update, we tried to educate and keep it simple; still not perfect. 

Were all busted,, The Boss stuck his head in lol..

Didnt run it personaly as hitting plateaus and then breaking them is not on my agenda. I admit i was disappointed as like we said the 2016 update was awesome,

I can see your point about what to put out and as stu would say ( but in a complicated and wonderfully strange way ) you cant please everyone ;)

• Stu and BeachBuckeye like this
"Whoops"

#14 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

Appreciate the feedback. 

I did play with the Daisy Cutter update, but could never get the hang of it. I understand the concept and principle, and agree it could be used as an effective tool to break through plateaus. Felt more comfortable with some lifts than others. Maybe I'll have to go back in and take another look.

• Stu likes this

#15 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:44 AM

Hell, I pulled a nugget from the 2017 update that took root in my thick skull like a seed. All be it, a mustard seed, but unless a bullet or an arrow find me, I'll get to it. I plan on being around a while. The seeds name is tempo, and I think these bones are going to like it one of these days. Put a price tag on that!

This is all my way of saying that I've been working with bare bones OMOB no cream no sugar from day one, because I like it, and don't really have anything intelligent to add, LOL.
  • UKoldguy and danduerksen like this

#16 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,339 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

This is all my way of saying that I've been working with bare bones OMOB no cream no sugar from day one, because I like it, and don't really have anything intelligent to add, LOL.

This is not an entirely accurate statement. The tweaks Stu has made to omob have inspired most of my omob tweaks. Super setting bodyweight movements. Super setting front squats and overhead presses. Half weight, double reps on the emom. And there was a 5 rep e15 variation that was absolutely brutal. Might not be anything super complicated, but it keeps things interesting and it works. Will look forward to seeing what Stu does with his tempo seed.

• UKoldguy and BeachBuckeye like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users