#1 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

I've recently started researching the use of hemp, hemp oil, or cbd oil. Initially it was a question of treating anxiety. After a bit of looking it looks like there's a whole bunch of benefits to adding hemp as a daily supplement. The nutritional value of hemp seeds is phenomenal (omega 3, high magnesium and other essential minerals, all the essential amino acids, protein, etc). Hemp oil and cbd oil can be used to treat pain and multiple dysfunctions. It's homeopathic, which is a big plus if your choking down pills everyday.

I'm pretty much convinced, but because you guys are my most trusted allies I'm looking for honest thoughts and opinions.

• Stu, DwayneMus, BeachBuckeye and 6 others like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#2 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

We use hemp seeds in shakes, cereal, and salads whenever it seems good. I haven't personally done the CBD oil, only because the good stuff that I would want is super expensive, but I have friends and family using it for all different ailments and they are all having positive results. Placebo effect? Who knows, but there's nothing wrong with believing something helps you (as long as it's not costing you all your money....etc).

My wife recently bought a cookbook regarding cooking with herb. Neither of us are pot smokers, but she's interested in the micro dosing effects.

Let me know how it goes. I'm definitely interested.

• danduerksen likes this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#3 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

I've been shopping around. Seems like $60-70 is average cost for entry level. I have not found a single negative review or article saying it's not a good thing.

We have friends who make their own gummies. They did give us some a few months ago, but the wife and I never tried them out. Too many memories of when I used to smoke. Laughing hysterically for half an hour, eating a bag of chips, then taking a nap. :lol:  Wonder how long gummies stay good in the fridge...

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

#4 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

They go bad real quick mate. better eat them all now ;)

• Stu, BeachBuckeye, danduerksen and 1 other like this
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#5 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

I've been shopping around. Seems like $60-70 is average cost for entry level. I have not found a single negative review or article saying it's not a good thing.

We have friends who make their own gummies. They did give us some a few months ago, but the wife and I never tried them out. Too many memories of when I used to smoke. Laughing hysterically for half an hour, eating a bag of chips, then taking a nap. :lol:  Wonder how long gummies stay good in the fridge...

I'd be really careful with those. Not in the sense of an overdose, but just in the sense that you might unexpectedly get higher than you would wish. The interaction of THC in your body is totally different when you ingest it as opposed to smoking it. From my understanding the gummies and/or candies are tricky because you just can't really be sure how much of a dose your getting from one to the next. If Joe Rogan gives strong warnings about pot candies I would listen.  :blink:

The CBD that I'm familiar with is a US based company that makes a product called Charlotte's Web. I like their family business story, and I'd like to try their product. It's just expensive, and that's what has held me back at this point.

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#6 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

I'd be really careful with those.

Ye... the wife "threw them out" already so no way of finding out. Joe Rogan knows a thing or two about psychoactive drugs so I'll keep that in mind. 

But, I'm more interested in the non-psycho properties and medical benefits of HEMP cannabis. Cannabis oil is legal all over the states and considered a food supplement. In Canada I'm still trying to figure out if it's legal or if I need a prescription or what. I can get it in Washington state, but might hesitate trying to bring it over the border depending. I'm going to check out this charlotte's web. I just have a hard time believing it could be so hard finding this stuff.

• BeachBuckeye likes this

#7 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

The CBD that I'm familiar with is a US based company that makes a product called Charlotte's Web. I like their family business story, and I'd like to try their product. It's just expensive, and that's what has held me back at this point.

A company I came across in my searches is Triniti. Seems pretty reasonable on price, and they have flavor options. If I lived in the states I would try their product. The Charlotte's Web products are just a little more pricy for the higher dose stuff, but their 300mg oil is priced pretty good. But still, cbd oil completely legal as a food supplement in the states, and completely illegal in Canada (unless you have a prescription card). Not going to try shipping over the border just on the off chance it gets stopped at customs. 

Still haven't found anyone saying anything negative about the use of cbd oil to treat just about everything. Still doing a ton of research...

#8 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

A company I came across in my searches is Triniti. Seems pretty reasonable on price, and they have flavor options. If I lived in the states I would try their product. The Charlotte's Web products are just a little more pricy for the higher dose stuff, but their 300mg oil is priced pretty good. But still, cbd oil completely legal as a food supplement in the states, and completely illegal in Canada (unless you have a prescription card). Not going to try shipping over the border just on the off chance it gets stopped at customs. 

Still haven't found anyone saying anything negative about the use of cbd oil to treat just about everything. Still doing a ton of research...

Yeah it's odd. Up until 2014 farming hemp in the US was illegal. So if you wanted to buy hemp protein, or a really cool hemp hacky sack for your next Phish concert, you had to buy them from companies in Canada. Now I guess we have 13 states that are allowing industrial/commercial hemp production which is cool because you can do just about anything with it including build houses. We can thank William Randolph Hurst and his lumber empire for derailing hemp for nearly 80 years.

Keep me (us) informed on your research and if you decide to pull the trigger on some CBD oil.

#9 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

I never could get the hang of the hacky sack...

Seems the US is a little more progressive with this particular product. It's considered a food supplement. But the FDA goes down hard on any companies that start marketing with medical claims.

#10 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

Yeah it's odd. Up until 2014 farming hemp in the US was illegal. So if you wanted to buy hemp protein, or a really cool hemp hacky sack for your next Phish concert, you had to buy them from companies in Canada. Now I guess we have 13 states that are allowing industrial/commercial hemp production which is cool because you can do just about anything with it including build houses. We can thank William Randolph Hurst and his lumber empire for derailing hemp for nearly 80 years.

Keep me (us) informed on your research and if you decide to pull the trigger on some CBD oil.

I watched the union as part of my research... holy crap, we've all been lied to. I was never a big fan of pot, but the benefits of cannabinoids is almost undeniable. They're so ingrained into our dna that there's a whole system inside the body that needs them to function properly. And once you know about that it's easy to understand why so many kids these days are messed up and medicated. Too much information... I would encourage anyone to do just a little bit of looking into it.

So I'm full on board. Hemp hearts have been a part of my daily diet for a few weeks. Too many health benefits to ignore. Do I feel the difference? I don't know. Only thing I can say is that it's boosted my magnesium intake and I sleep like a rock. Everybody could use a bit more magnesium.

I made my own oil using cannabidiol isolate (0% thc) and mct oil. 500mg in 50ml, and I've been experimenting with 4-5 drops morning and evening. Could be another reason I sleep like a rock. Still have a few more experimenting to do with coming off anxiety meds. Have to admit that in my research I found that the vanilla bean has a lot of health benefits too, so I infused the mct oil with vanilla beans.

I've also tried a 55mg (less than 0.3% thc) hard candy one evening. Noticeably more relaxed very quickly. Stretching was deeper and less forced. Very little resistance. A very subtle calm. Supposedly a pretty good hangover cure, which I'll be testing out on Sunday...

• Stu and BeachBuckeye like this

#11 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:31 AM

I watched the union as part of my research... holy crap, we've all been lied to. I was never a big fan of pot, but the benefits of cannabinoids is almost undeniable. They're so ingrained into our dna that there's a whole system inside the body that needs them to function properly. And once you know about that it's easy to understand why so many kids these days are messed up and medicated. Too much information... I would encourage anyone to do just a little bit of looking into it.

So I'm full on board. Hemp hearts have been a part of my daily diet for a few weeks. Too many health benefits to ignore. Do I feel the difference? I don't know. Only thing I can say is that it's boosted my magnesium intake and I sleep like a rock. Everybody could use a bit more magnesium.

I made my own oil using cannabidiol isolate (0% thc) and mct oil. 500mg in 50ml, and I've been experimenting with 4-5 drops morning and evening. Could be another reason I sleep like a rock. Still have a few more experimenting to do with coming off anxiety meds. Have to admit that in my research I found that the vanilla bean has a lot of health benefits too, so I infused the mct oil with vanilla beans.

I've also tried a 55mg (less than 0.3% thc) hard candy one evening. Noticeably more relaxed very quickly. Stretching was deeper and less forced. Very little resistance. A very subtle calm. Supposedly a pretty good hangover cure, which I'll be testing out on Sunday...

I know there's a thing in the JJ community fo rolling stoned. I guess it allows them to roll and relax and work through the holds rather than panic and try to escape.

I actually can't tell if I have an allergy to hemp hearts or not. I think I might though, so the next time I go to do an a blood allergy test I'm going to eat a bunch of hemp hearts for the week leading up to see if the pop up on the labs.

#12 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

Edit/update:

Hard candy is only 28mg cbd. Confirmed hangover fixer upper. Another way to stimulate the endocannabinoid system is to take cold showers... which also works for hangovers :blink:  

3 days off of anxiety meds. Something I didn't consider was the withdrawal effect coming off of the meds. Will wait for the body to finish readjusting before I post any results.

Took me a minute to figure out who this jj community was... don't often see it referred to anything other than bjj (not to be confused with bbj). I have seen a few articles now about how it can "enhance" performance. Supposedly really good for yoga too. My research and personal experience indicates this effect is achievable without high levels of thc.

#13 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

Edit/update:

Hard candy is only 28mg cbd. Confirmed hangover fixer upper. Another way to stimulate the endocannabinoid system is to take cold showers... which also works for hangovers :blink:  

3 days off of anxiety meds. Something I didn't consider was the withdrawal effect coming off of the meds. Will wait for the body to finish readjusting before I post any results.

Took me a minute to figure out who this jj community was... don't often see it referred to anything other than bjj (not to be confused with bbj). I have seen a few articles now about how it can "enhance" performance. Supposedly really good for yoga too. My research and personal experience indicates this effect is achievable without high levels of thc.

Sorry, probably a typo on the "JJ". You are correct I meant BJJ.

For the past 6+ months I've been ending every shower with about 45-60s of cold water. I'm not sure how much it's doing for me, but it does wake you the F up and maybe it's also doing something??????

#14 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

For the past 6+ months I've been ending every shower with about 45-60s of cold water. I'm not sure how much it's doing for me, but it does wake you the F up and maybe it's also doing something??????

I tried about 10 seconds of cold water after I read that article. I've been meaning to get into the habit but my self conscious is a big pussy...

#15 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

If my pussy is getting wet then its getting warm wet...

My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#16 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:50 AM

Dan, I wanted to get back to you on this topic. So my wife bought this cookbook, "Cooking with Herb" written by Cedella Marley (Yes, that Marley family), and she made homemade CBD Coconut oil.

With my eye issue that I've had, I've had her make me tea with it the last two nights. I think any tea would do, but she's got all kinds of fancy teas so I think it was something with fennel. Either way the dosage she uses is a .25 teaspoon of the coconut oil so I told her to give me half of that. 

The relaxation and pain reduction is nearly instant for me. It definitely takes the edge off the same way that a couple advils or a couple beers would. I've also fallen asleep about 20 minutes earlier than normal, which now that I think of it the small handful of times that I have smoked marijuana that's what it did, put me right to sleep. I never liked that feeling of being asleep around people, especially my friends who might just draw a dick on your forehead or duct tape you to the chair. 

I haven't noticed any negative after effects.

That's what I've got for you so far.

• Stu, Pops and danduerksen like this

#17 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,767 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

Holy shit BB ! YOL! (yelled out loud :) ) Better not doze off!

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#18 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

The relaxation and pain reduction is nearly instant for me. It definitely takes the edge off the same way that a couple advils or a couple beers would. I've also fallen asleep about 20 minutes earlier than normal, which now that I think of it the small handful of times that I have smoked marijuana that's what it did, put me right to sleep. I never liked that feeling of being asleep around people, especially my friends who might just draw a dick on your forehead or duct tape you to the chair. 

I haven't noticed any negative after effects.

100% true story. I'd be curious to know what the exact dose would be in 1/4tsp of your oil. The best results I've had are from the 28mg candies I was able to get back when I first started investigating cbd. Like an instant chill pill. I've had some talks with the owners of a dispensary about the benefits of the edibles that are available now, and the new understanding that we don't just want to get high. It's pretty interesting stuff once you start looking into it. The amount of information and the choice of what's available can be pretty overwhelming though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users