• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hoss

Hoss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

I just wanted to say Hi to the community and see how active this board is. I am looking for some new programming and this came up on the Google.  I have experience in Crossfit but I have always been a weight lifter.  I'm tallish, 6'4" so I find with my terrible mobility that Crossfit isnt the best option for me.  I also have a hard time letting go of the training splits in bodybuilding.  I am afraid I will lose what I have built already.  Anyone that had some of the same issue i do would love to hear from you.  I havent set any money out for the programming I just wanted t get a feel for what it is all about.

Thanks

• Stu, Ahomasmip, TyrellKeds and 2 others like this

#2 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

Welcome aboard Hoss and Merry Christmas!

I encourage you to give a try for a cycle or two, focusing on the compound lifts and perhaps sprinkling in accessories accordingly.

• Stu likes this

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#3 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

Yes! Explore all the freebies available at end of three. True, not much for bodybuilder splits. Easy enough to modify OMOB with more accessory work. The forum here has guys doing a variety of programming so not just eo3. If you browse the logs you might find something that peaks your interest. No one really swears by a single program, or says you have to do it this way or that way. We have a crossfit guy. We have an old guy that's fucking strong and wise. We have a guy that likes to program hop. We have grinders and not a single slacker in the group. And then there's Stu.  

• Stu and UKoldguy like this

"Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert physically strong and morally straight and will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be 100% and then some."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#4 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,296 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

Hey Hoss, welcome aboard!

Dan said it right. This is quite the diverse group here....

Jump in and get some. Look across the logs and see how these guys make their stand. It's a beautiful thing. OMOB will make you strong. Plenty of room for bro days so you can walk by and see a reflection, flex your forearm and say, "I'm a bad mother fucker."

Doesn't matter what the program, pick something up and put it back down and let us know how you like it LOL

Crank up a log, pick something up and put it back down. Can't wait to see how you tackle it.
  • Pops, UKoldguy and BeachBuckeye like this
Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users