2 replies to this topic

#1 Geese

Geese

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Starting my first cycle of OMOB tomorrow (12/9). I decided to go ahead and do Version 2 because I've been lifting regularly and have tested my 1RM in the last month. Here are my 1RM for the lifts and my goals!

Pre-OMOB

• Squat: 305                 Goal: 315
  • Deadlift: 400              Goal: 415
  • Clean & Jerk: 215      Goal: 225
  • Press: 145                 Goal: 155
  • Snatch: 135               Goal: 150
  • 1 Mile: 5:45                Goal: Sub-5:40

Height: 5'9"  Weight: 180

I debated whether or not to do 4 or 5 lifts. I have been doing 5 days of lifting per week for a while, which has worked out great for me. I think the conditioning will help me with my mile time, too.

Any thoughts/recommendations about doing 4 or 5 lifts? Will post results after the first cycle!

• Jerred, seaneagen and seanvi2 like this

#2 Jerred

Jerred

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

Personally, I like four. How is the cycle going? 

#3 Geese

Geese

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Personally, I like four. How is the cycle going? 

It's going great! I increased my PR on back squat to 315 (10 lbs), and deadlift to 405 (5 lbs) after just one cycle. I'm currently in the deload week and really focusing on conditioning. I plan on retesting the mile later this week. 

One thing I would have done differently would be to add a front squat to the cycle. During my last week of cleans, I was uncomfortable getting under the bar and catching the heavier weight (failed at 215 twice). Front squats usually help me with this because I know I'll be able to stand up once I get under the bar on the clean.  

Any thoughts on subbing the front squat for another lift before I start my next cycle?

Other than that, couldn't be happier with the program!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: one man one barbell, OMOB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users