#1 Hillside Honey Badger

Hillside Honey Badger

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

I thought I'd start a thread on this instead of hijacking Stu's log - My routine may change in a few months, which may mean working out from home more. I currently have minimal equipment, so I'm looking at my options.

Has anybody tried out the One Man Bodyweight system? Any thoughts on it?

Does it contain much high impact exercises?

What are the average duration of the workouts?

What are the actual goals of the plan? I see there is some talk of increasing numbers in pressup, pullup, and squat, but also that there are different paths that can be taken for different goals. Any insight into this?
  • Stu, GalenZed, BrantDed and 1 other like this

Semper Paratus - Always Ready

Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball

#2 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,339 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

I have the program in my library to complete the one man systems. Still haven't run all the way through it because of barbells and kettlebells. But what I have played with is pretty straight forward and simple to follow. Every week is laid out exactly the same. 2 days follow the progression, 1 conditioning day, and 1 running day. Like all things eo3 any part of the program would be easily modified. You get to choose the 3-4 bodyweight movements you want to use for the progression days (push-up, dip, squat, chin-ups, pull-ups, lunge, sit-up, etc).

Nothing looks high impact, and only if you chose high impact movements.

Workouts would be under an hour depending how long it takes for you to complete all the reps. Longest run programmed is 50min.

The goal is to improve/increase work capacity on the bodyweight movements you chose. Baseline is tested by max reps in a minute. And this is retested after the 4 weeks. There are no optional workouts so not sure if there can be different pathways or goals.

After looking through it again I might modify some of the sessions to use as condition when I start omob again. Honest opinion, the $49 is a pretty high price for such a simple program, but he does include the Red Pill program so it's not too bad. And if you take all 3 (assuming you don't already have 1 of the others) it's a way better deal considering the add ons. And no, I don't make a commission...

• Stu, UKoldguy and Hillside Honey Badger like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#3 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

Alright Dan! I'm thinking about the one-man body weight system. The fighter pull-up program came at the right time I suppose. It really has me thinking about bodyweight movements. These days, when I jump up on that pull-up bar, I feel like I could launch myself over the top of the bar. Perfect form, slow and intentional feeling every step. Granted, I can't do many of these, yet. It might be just what these bones need.
  • Pops likes this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#4 Hillside Honey Badger

Hillside Honey Badger

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:40 AM

Cheers Dan, that's exactly the write up I was looking for. I'm not sure if I could justify the price for that. OMOB has been worth it's weight in gold, and I've used it almost nonstop since I purchased it. I just can't see me doing the same with this. I'll wait and see though. It could still be an option further down the line. Cheers
  • Stu likes this

#5 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,339 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

I'm hoping there are some good updates this year... considering the huge amount of bodyweight stuff that's available for free the $49 does seem high. Only reason I bought it is to have the complete system.

• Stu and Hillside Honey Badger like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#6 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:26 PM

Just an update.

I believe the OMOBodyWS to a great program. Like anything else, its about discipline and focus. I BELIEVE in the research done by Mr Moon, so of course, I am heavily biased. The program can be tweaked to fit your goals. My goal right now is not a balanced one. I want to film myself doing 100 pushups. Its going to be a true test for me and will take some time, but, its want I want and I will not deny it.  It may come to pass that I will need to be more well rounded to accomplish this 100 goal, but, life is in the learning, me thinks. What ever it takes.

Its a quick and simple program and I know I would love what it could do for me, but I'm stubborn like a little kid. Right now, I want 100 pushups........or die!

Like Dan says, the price is high, but, I had to see what was in the "Moon " light.

Not much of an update really....

• BeachBuckeye and Hillside Honey Badger like this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#7 Hillside Honey Badger

Hillside Honey Badger

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

Just an update.

I believe the OMOBodyWS to a great program. Like anything else, its about discipline and focus. I BELIEVE in the research done by Mr Moon, so of course, I am heavily biased. The program can be tweaked to fit your goals. My goal right now is not a balanced one. I want to film myself doing 100 pushups. Its going to be a true test for me and will take some time, but, its want I want and I will not deny it. It may come to pass that I will need to be more well rounded to accomplish this 100 goal, but, life is in the learning, me thinks. What ever it takes.

Its a quick and simple program and I know I would love what it could do for me, but I'm stubborn like a little kid. Right now, I want 100 pushups........or die!

Like Dan says, the price is high, but, I had to see what was in the "Moon " light.

Not much of an update really....

Nice update Stu. Looks like I'll be able to continue my barbell quest, but I'll be keeping up with your logs and may push the button in OMOBW if my circumstances do actually change.
  • Stu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users