Photo

Possible June Diet/Exercise Challenge???

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

Hey EO3 loggers. I've been putting some thought into doing a variation off a healthy living challenge I've done in the past, and I'm wondering if any of you would be interested in taking it on for the month of June?

It would be mostly focused on "clean" eating. Reducing inflammatory foods and highly processed foods...etc. I am hoping to do 30 days myself, so I was hoping I could get at least a few of you to jump on board so I could have someone to hold me accountable. I need to clean up my diet.

I was also thinking there might be a way to tie it into that "Exercise/Activity Tracker" spreadsheet that a few of us used a couple months ago. 

We could essential record scores on a daily basis for diet and for activity level. Or just the diet.

Is anyone interested in hearing more about this? Let me know and I'll go into further detail.

Thanks!

BB

• Stu, DwayneMus and Pops like this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#2 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:19 AM

Yeah man. I mean..I'm totally dubious of my commitment level to ANYTHING right now. Not in a reflection on your program but just as a demon that I'm fighting everyday.

Having said that, my weight is 'stuck' right now and this might be a practical catalyst. tell me more..

• Stu and BeachBuckeye like this

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#3 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,501 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:39 AM

Could be the diet challenge I really really really need right now. Struggling a little bit harder with it these days it seems. Like Pops said tell me more...
  • Poppy G and BeachBuckeye like this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#4 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

Funny you should say this today,

I finally got some batteries for our home scales

excuse my french but im a fat cunt.

16stone 3lbs

228#

103kg

Im shcoked and ashamed

• Stu, Pops and BeachBuckeye like this
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#5 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

Funny you should say this today,

I finally got some batteries for our home scales

excuse my french but im a fat cunt.

16stone 3lbs

228#

103kg

Im shcoked and ashamed

Dont be. You might have packed on a few extra lbs but you wear it well. Standing tall and looking good, aught to be in Hollywood!

Strong too! Those late long shifts are no joke, so be easy big bro! 

• Pops likes this

#6 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

Dont be. You might have packed on a few extra lbs but you wear it well. Standing tall and looking good, aught to be in Hollywood!
Strong too! Those late long shifts are no joke, so be easy big bro!

Kind words indeed Stu.
I would like to hear more about this please BB
"Whoops"

#7 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:27 AM

Okay cool. Thanks for the interest.

So it would be a take on an online challenge that I've done in the past called The Whole Life Challenge. Taking out the other factors involved in the challenge and just focusing on diet, and then simplifying that down even more.

You basically get a CAN EAT and a CAN'T EAT list. You start each day with 5 points. Each time you eat something from the CAN'T EAT list you take away a point. 

Total up how many points you have at the end of the day. Total up how many points you have at the end of the month.

Let me see if I can attach the FOOD list here???

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#8 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:33 AM

Screen Shot 2019 05 06 At 5.29.55 PM
Screen Shot 2019 05 06 At 5.29.42 PM

#9 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:34 AM

Okay so hopefully you guys can see the screenshots of the lists above ^^^^^^^ ?

I'm sure I can put this in Google Drive and share it and make it a lot easier for everyone to see. Let me know if you can't see it?

Questions?

• Poppy G likes this

#10 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

I'm in. It will take me until June to get ready, lol. I don't really understand the " non-compliant" dairy column tho. Goats milk is good shit, or so I thought. Yogurt and cheese too. I'm sure you'll lay it out for us tho. I could really use 1 month of healthy eating. Maby that will turn into two months of healthy eating out of the year. Who knows, it could lead to as much as 6 months of healthy eating throughout the year! I cant really shoot much higher as I simply love eating NOT so healthy food, lol!

#11 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

I'm in. It will take me until June to get ready, lol. I don't really understand the " non-compliant" dairy column tho. Goats milk is good shit, or so I thought. Yogurt and cheese too. I'm sure you'll lay it out for us tho. I could really use 1 month of healthy eating. Maby that will turn into two months of healthy eating out of the year. Who knows, it could lead to as much as 6 months of healthy eating throughout the year! I cant really shoot much higher as I simply love eating NOT so healthy food, lol!

Hi Stu, so I'm taking this from The Whole Life Challenge and have modified it down a bit to be a little simpler of a game. Here's a good resource that I think explains their reasons WHY and that's really the extent of my understanding of it all really. Take a read through this link >

https://www.wholelif...nge-food-rules/

• Stu likes this

#12 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:11 AM

For those of you that still have access via the link for the Activity Tracker that we used a few months ago, can you go back and take another look at that? I've cleared it, added in some new data points, and then added in a column just for a Daily Diet Score. The Diet Score is 5-0. 5 indicating that you didn't have any cheat meals for the day. 0 indicating that you had at least 5 Non-Compliant items from the list for that day.

I don't really love the format. Do you guys just want to do the diet tracking only? Or, are you liking the combination of both the activity and diet tracking together?

Feedback is helpful. I've got plenty of time to tweak it before June 1.

#13 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:01 AM

What in the hell is all this about cashews being non-compliant?!
  • Stu likes this

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." 

The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

#14 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:13 AM

What in the hell is all this about cashews being non-compliant?!

It's a legume, not a nut so the science will say it's potentially more inflammatory. 

#15 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:43 AM

It's a legume, not a nut so the science will say it's potentially more inflammatory.

Legume you say. Hmm.... learn something new every day!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." 

The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

#16 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

Legume you say. Hmm.... learn something new every day!

Honestly, my limited knowledge on what's a nut, legume, seed and drupe is all very confused. I've been told by a doctor to consider cashews legumes, but there's all kinds of contradictory explanations online. It seems like most people consider them a legume or a seed. 

• Stu likes this

#17 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

This is why I just do a eat less shit diet. There's way to much information on way to much food stuff and what's good or bad..
  • Stu likes this
"Whoops"

#18 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

This is why I just do a eat less shit diet. There's way to much information on way to much food stuff and what's good or bad..

Generally agreed. These rules were created by The Whole Life Challenge and not by me. I think like with most things, they have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and sometimes it makes a lot of sense and sometimes it's questionable. I think it is all with good intent though. I've had positive experiences with it in the past.

• Stu likes this

#19 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

True story. And far too much of the information is clouded by someone's personal biases instead of actual science. Or the supporting science is biased. I'm pretty biased in my opinion of how biased some people can be.

• Stu and Poppy G like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#20 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:51 AM

Perhaps part of the challenge would be to log everything that we eat for one month. This might help us eat more of what we think we should and less of what we know we shouldn't. I know I would hate to list everything that I eat right now. Fucking apple fritters turnovers chips...🤣
  • Poppy G likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users