So it seems like me and the yahoo's I went hiking with this past weekend are committed to a challenge in October where we set out on foot for 24 hours and see how far we can get. We all seem pretty confident that 50 miles is within reach, but we are all curious if 70+ is attainable.
Our plan is to begin on the Strand (East coasters would call it the boardwalk) where it begins in Torrance and walk as far North as we can in 24 hours. The Strand eventually ends in Malibu, then we would have to walk along Pacific Coast Highway the remainder of the way.
What we loosely discussed as rules are as follows:
* Can only move by foot (walking, running, skipping...etc)
* No bikes or other forms of transportation
* You can stop as much or as little as you would like
* You can stop for food, bathrooms, a dip in the ocean.....etc
* You can carry a backpack or ruck, or not
* You can have food and water, and any kind of comforts on you or you can buy them along the way
I think what we are looking at is starting at 7:00PM and ending the following day at the same time.
I wanted to put it out to you guys to see if anyone is interested in doing this with us and making it a "Global Virtual Challenge"?
Plenty of time to mull it over and talk yourself out of it, and then talk yourself back into it!