6 replies to this topic

#1 Zodd88

Zodd88

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

I am doing Power Clean OMOB fully, but only the strength portion for Deadlifts. (Squat ME/DE and Press DE/ME are paired on the other two days)

I am wondering how you would organize a day for a combination with Power Cleans ME & DE, and DL ME, in order to minimize taxing yourself too much, so you can have maximum output for all 3 each week:

Deadlift ME + Power clean DE

Deadlift ME + Power clean ME

Power clean ME + Power clean DE

-The one left out would be performed on a second day-

I know with 5/3/1, Wendler says to just do power cleans before deadlifts or squats, but i thought I'd ask those with more experience with OMOB

#2 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:55 PM

Been thinking about this. Every time I ran omob deadlifts ALWAYS came first. This Wendler guy sounds like a dummy. I would probably not pair deadlift and power clean ME on the same day. Deadlift ME + PC DE is a good pairing. Then it all depends what your ultimate goal with those movements is.

• Zodd88 likes this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#3 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:34 PM

I hate to be this guy, but what does ME and DE stand for? Thanks.

• Stu and Zodd88 like this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#4 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 3,017 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:35 PM

I hate to be this guy, but what does ME and DE stand for? Thanks.

I was thinking the same thing until it popped into my head. ME is Max Effort. DE is Dynamic Effort. So ME is the strength component of omob, and DE is the emom component. I think... I could be wrong.

• Stu, BeachBuckeye and Zodd88 like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#5 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,930 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:28 PM

I was thinking the same thing until it popped into my head. ME is Max Effort. DE is Dynamic Effort. So ME is the strength component of omob, and DE is the emom component. I think... I could be wrong.

Ahh, make total sense.

I was thinking ME meant Muscle Endurance and I couldn't figure out what DE could have meant. 

Thanks for the help!!

• Zodd88 likes this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#6 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:41 PM

I am doing Power Clean OMOB fully, but only the strength portion for Deadlifts. (Squat ME/DE and Press DE/ME are paired on the other two days)

I am wondering how you would organize a day for a combination with Power Cleans ME & DE, and DL ME, in order to minimize taxing yourself too much, so you can have maximum output for all 3 each week:

Deadlift ME + Power clean DE

Deadlift ME + Power clean ME

Power clean ME + Power clean DE

-The one left out would be performed on a second day-

I know with 5/3/1, Wendler says to just do power cleans before deadlifts or squats, but i thought I'd ask those with more experience with OMOB

Zodd, I'm old and broken down with not near as much fire in my belly or rubber in my joints as just even a few years ago so weigh everything I say with that in mind.

Deadlifts take the most out of me personally both mentally and physically (and I don't think that's exclusive to me, but we'll keep this to personal experience).

Given that, I would ask if there is a scenario that might pair your press with your power clean and leave the deadlifts, both ME & DE to one dedicated day unto themselves?

• Zodd88 likes this

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#7 Zodd88

Zodd88

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:13 AM

Zodd, I'm old and broken down with not near as much fire in my belly or rubber in my joints as just even a few years ago so weigh everything I say with that in mind.

Deadlifts take the most out of me personally both mentally and physically (and I don't think that's exclusive to me, but we'll keep this to personal experience).

Given that, I would ask if there is a scenario that might pair your press with your power clean and leave the deadlifts, both ME & DE to one dedicated day unto themselves?

Definitely, I am not locked into any specific pairing - just trying to shuffle each lift around so there's optimal rest between each lift, and this current cycle's experiment just happens to pair squats & press. So far i am feeling good, but next cycle i am certainly open to mixing it up again.

I think physically writing notecards and moving everything around would serve me well 

• Pops likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users