8 replies to this topic

#1 Zodd88

Zodd88

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:12 PM

Does Jerred have a more in depth write-up on his development of this program? I think i read a post of his on a CF forum saying a lot of the programming came from the science in Zatsiorsky's "Science and Practice of Strength Training" 

I am very interested in how he chose X percentages for sets & rep schemes, as well as determining the set & rep schemes for both the Maximal effort and Dynamic effort days ( short of reading that big tome  :lol: )

• Poppy G likes this

#2 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,289 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:49 PM

I would suggest the only way to find this out would be to email him directly or to message him on web page for the garage gym.

My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#3 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

I am very interested in how he chose X percentages for sets & rep schemes, as well as determining the set & rep schemes for both the Maximal effort and Dynamic effort days ( short of reading that big tome  :lol: )

Did you check the EO3 Blog? I'd be surprised if he hasn't written about it somewhere.

If you hit me with the percentages, sets and reps I could give you my best shot on what he's trying to accomplish based on my knowledge of of the EO3 programming.

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#4 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 3,038 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

Wasn't the whole omob thing developed off Prilepin's percentages and adapted westside barbell programming? There's also a heavy crossfit influence to most of the programming because before eo3 Jerred was big into crossfit (if I remember correctly).

For an older program it's still worth the money. But obviously eo3 has moved on and it has been a little disappointing there have been no "updates" for omob in the last couple years.

• Pops and BeachBuckeye like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#5 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

Wasn't the whole omob thing developed off Prilepin's percentages and adapted westside barbell programming? There's also a heavy crossfit influence to most of the programming because before eo3 Jerred was big into crossfit (if I remember correctly).

That's why I asked for the percentages, sets and reps. Pretty certain it's all based off Prilepin and then using the EMOM's to hit specific volume targets. 

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#6 trebec

trebec

Rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:33 AM

Page 75 and 78 of the OMOB PDF, the actual page numbers and not the PDF page numbers, have the percentages. I am not sure where they come from or the methodology behind them which is what I think you are asking. May be worth checking that out, I hadn't been into this programming in many years but now I need to be able to lift heavy things explosively so I am back for my 4th cycle next week, so far so good.

• Pops likes this

#7 Zodd88

Zodd88

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:40 PM

That's why I asked for the percentages, sets and reps. Pretty certain it's all based off Prilepin and then using the EMOM's to hit specific volume targets.

That’s what made me curious about his development methods - there’s set x reps @ %s that are beyond the numbers in Prelipin’s table. But he also used several resources and compiled & crafted OMOB from it. I found On the blog Jerred used 5/3/1, but also found more success with his program. So I’m just curious given his experience, research, and fieldwork how he chose the numbers he did
  • BeachBuckeye likes this

#8 Zodd88

Zodd88

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:42 PM

Page 75 and 78 of the OMOB PDF, the actual page numbers and not the PDF page numbers, have the percentages. I am not sure where they come from or the methodology behind them which is what I think you are asking. May be worth checking that out, I hadn't been into this programming in many years but now I need to be able to lift heavy things explosively so I am back for my 4th cycle next week, so far so good.

Yeah that’s the program itself, I’m the Nosy Nellie who is curious on the why behind the numbers, we are fortunate to be in a time with such an incredible amount of info and research on trainings
  • BeachBuckeye likes this

#9 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

Here you go

Check out the source information at the bottom. I figure this article from Jerred plus the source information is probably the best info you're going to get.

https://www.endofthr...m=existing-list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users