• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jerred

Jerred

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Welcome to the Kettlebell Swing Challenge!!

Your mission: As many unbroken KB Swings as possible! This is from End of Three Fit (read about how it started at that link). 

Winner receives $20 Rogue Fitness gift card. 

Starts: 03-12-2014
Ends: 03-16-2014 (submit by 5 P.M CST) 

Another simple challenge! Don’t try to cheat the challenge, I’ll set the rules now, but if a rule is forgotten and it seems like you are trying to cheat the system…you will not longer be considered for the challenge prize. 

Rules:

• Complete as many unbroken kettlebell swings as possible (can't rest, stop or set the KB down)
  • Video submissions can be taken from any angle 
  • There MUST be at least THREE separate (different people) video submissions for ANYONE to be considered for the prize.
  • Winner will be most reps.
  • Form rule: KB must come up to or above eye level every rep, but does not need to end overhead. 

Weights

• The original challenge is at 2 POOD, so use it if you can. If you can't or don't have 2 POOD, winner will come down to volume calculation. With an unknown handicap given to 2 POOD users.

You can submit as many attempts as you would like, so long as they are posted before 5 P.M. CST on Sunday.

Submissions:

• Shoot a quick video with your phone or flip cam. 
  • Upload it to YouTube or Vimeo. 
  • Post that link here in this forum. 

Hit me up with any questions! I will make adjustments as necessary. 

Good luck! 

• NLgaragegym likes this

#2 Spartan Tough

Spartan Tough

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

I'll do it just for the challenge. Challenge accepted sir
Arooo
That which doesn't kill me....didn't try hard enough!

#3 Spartan Tough

Spartan Tough

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

OUCH! I will feel that tomorrow at work!
35 lb KB - no video as usual
Started out with goal of hopefully 30 reps. Got to 30 and still had gas in the engine, so set goal for 50 reps thinking I would be spent. Hit 50 and dug in and was able to complete 66 reps before the shoulders dais no more.

Aroooo
  • Jerred likes this
That which doesn't kill me....didn't try hard enough!

#4 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

I stumbled across EO3 and OMOB in January and have never left. When I saw this challenge I thought I would skip it use it as a rest day, I've never been able to do any more than about 25 - 30 KB swings unbroken. I ended up giving it a try last night, my wife talked me into filming it. It was super painful, I lost count almost right away but I didn't give up, I kept working thinking about the things I have read on this website all the while peeking at the floor thinking how nice it would be to drop the weight. My wife counted the reps on video afterwards and when she told me how many I didn't believe her so I had to count them. 90 swings x 45 lbs.

I hope other people had the same experience. For some out there it may not be a great feat, but I will be able to dig deeper because of this workout. 

For those of you in Canada you will know the hat and gloves aren't for show.

Brian

• Jerred likes this

#5 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Having trouble with the youtube link

• Jerred and Bobby0 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users