#1 kgood

kgood

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi All,

I am currently trying to get my right knee healed and have laid off it for about 3 weeks now.   I believe I had pretty significant inflammation to my right knee due to a shortened IT Band in which the pain moved from my hip down to the outside of my knee causing short intense pain during exercise and chronic nagging pain throughout.  I stupidly ignored the cue to rest for almost 2 years and am finally listening. On the positive side my pain on the outside of my knee is virtually non-existent at this point, however even with very modest exercise I am developing and retaining fluid in my knee and a feel of instability with some intermittent unusual popping and at times a sense of tightness in the back of my knee.   Any thoughts/advice would be very appreciated.

Best,

Kyle 

#2 Manley

Manley

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

kgood - so many variables there. Really the only good advice I've got is to get it checked out by a doc. Avoid stress on the knee in the meantime and R.I.C.E should provide some relief. I'm a big proponent of improving tissue quality so if you can't get some quality manual therapy then a foam roll, lacrosse balls, and Tiger Tail are your friends here. 

Hope the doc has good news for you.

#3 kgood

kgood

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

Appreciate the advice Manley, gonna get it checked by a PT and go from there.  Hopefully it's nothing I can't take care of.  

Best,

Kyle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Injury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users