#1 jpera149

jpera149

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNWI Indiana

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:55 AM

Hey everyone I just wanted to let everyone know what I have done now for a few weeks for my family. My wife is a kindergarten teacher and just started back to school and my son is now old enough that he is eating everything we do now for meals. I of course have been making myself healthy meals for a while now but now I want to transition this over for my son and even my wife is on board with it. The only problem I ran into was finding healthy meals and getting a plan together for the week so Im not running to the grocery store every day for food. What i found was Mealfit. It is a program put together from Thomas Cox (another trainer at Tennessee Tech with Froning) It sure made my life 100 times easier. Every friday you get an email with 5 recipes for the upcoming week and a grocery list. I hit print, write what sounds good on what night on the calendar, then buy whats on the list. The nice thing is the recipes make enough to feed us all and then leftovers for both my wife and I lunch the next day. He has two versions one is strict Paleo and the other is 80-90% Paleo (adds in some dairy which I am TOTALLY ok with) I am doing this for a few months and then will just rotate back through the weeks. Just wanted to let everyone know a very easy way to get nutrition on track for anyone that was struggling like I was at the beginning. The website for it is www.mealfit.co not .com

• VidaMD, Bxemt, chuckl211 and 7 others like this

#2 chuckl211

chuckl211

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

Jpera,

Do you have any reflections on this?  Basically, are you still following Mealfit?  How has it been going?  Any specific challenges?  Sorry for all the questions but I have been looking for a way to make more "Family Style" meals that are healthy and include everyone (not just me) and end up just cooking crap.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Chuck

#3 jpera149

jpera149

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNWI Indiana

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

Chuck,

Mealfit has been awesome!!!! It makes it very easy to go to the grocery store on the weekend with the shopping list and then have meals planned out for the week. It for sure makes enough for my family and leaves me leftovers to take with me in the truck the next day for work. PM me your personal contact info, I would be more then happy to send you a few samples of what you get every week.

• Stu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users