2 replies to this topic

#1 Cooper

Cooper

Recruit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

So I have been through 3 cycles of OMOB and have been focusing on my Oly. Lifts along with presses. I have hit he weights I initially set out to hit. So I thought is was time to change up the lifts+getting bored.

So I through in the Clean and Jerk. I just did my first week on OMOB with this lift and struggled! Especially with the EMOM. Seems like a ton of work to fit in 4 reps of this lift in a minute and then repeat. When i was just doing cleans it was one thing but adding the extra movement takes a grip of time and effort.

If I'm just being a sally I will continue and shut up, but 4 reps on the first week almost had he puking by the end of the EMOM. Thoughts, experiences? 

-Thanks

#2 jpera149

jpera149

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNWI Indiana

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

I was in the same boat.the clean and jerk is a lot of movement and work for the EMOM. You could always follow the version 2 i believe it is where your max to start is 90% of your actual max. That way you can get through it with proper form for such a complex lift and focus on being more explosive and keeping form. In the long run that would be more beneficial then just barely getting through the EMOM. Just my 2 cents.

• Gentleman Gamer, Cooper and jochen121 like this

#3 kgood

kgood

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

I thought the clean and jerk were seperate lifts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users