#1 Danny

Danny

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hey does anyone here have any experience with BCAA's?  

I've been thinking about supplementing them into my diet, but I'm not sure what a good brand is or what size dose I would need.  Also is it better to get them naturally from foods?

Thanks!

#2 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

Hi Danny. I personally use bcaas consistently. I generally just consume them during or immediately following a workout, particularly an intense one. I swear by them and find them super for recovery. I had a rough week a month ago where I really put them to the test and was happy with what they do/did.
I love the BSN amino x green apple. Ive tried a couple of others but def prefer that flavour and brand.
Food is your initial go-to for all your body's needs, but supps can be very beneficial.
Best supplement of all time? Bacon.
  • Danny likes this
Does it hurt? Good. Get it done.

#3 Danny

Danny

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hi Danny. I personally use bcaas consistently. I generally just consume them during or immediately following a workout, particularly an intense one. I swear by them and find them super for recovery. I had a rough week a month ago where I really put them to the test and was happy with what they do/did.
I love the BSN amino x green apple. Ive tried a couple of others but def prefer that flavour and brand.
Food is your initial go-to for all your body's needs, but supps can be very beneficial.
Best supplement of all time? Bacon.

Awesome thanks for the info!  And yes bacon can cure just about anything!  If it can't be fixed with squats and bacon, you're probably out of luck!

• Jumper likes this

#4 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:15 AM

Meat candy, yes bacon cures all!  I too supp with BCAA's but in my Whey Protein.  I work out early and on an empty stomach so I make coffee with Whey/BCAA's/Coconut Oil.  Get's me moving in more way than one ;)

• jpera149, Danny and Jumper like this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#5 jpera149

jpera149

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNWI Indiana

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

Meat candy, yes bacon cures all!  I too supp with BCAA's but in my Whey Protein.  I work out early and on an empty stomach so I make coffee with Whey/BCAA's/Coconut Oil.  Get's me moving in more way than one ;)

Man that sounds great!!!! What Whey BCAA do you use? I have chocolate Whey Isolate and feel that wouldn't be too good in coffee.

#6 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

Man that sounds great!!!! What Whey BCAA do you use? I have chocolate Whey Isolate and feel that wouldn't be too good in coffee.

Six Star Protein, I actually get it at Menards of all places.  During a sale you can get 2lbs for $15.  I get the Deluxe Chocolate

Here's the key, your coffee has to be less than 130 degrees F or it will clump and be HORRIBLE!!!  I cool mine with a splash of milk prior to adding protein.  I will use 1/2 scoop per cup of coffee and usually down 2-3 cups.  (before/during/after)  I do a have coffee problem......  When all mixed it tastes like hot chocolate.  Just a tip if you haven't hit Coconut Oil before, test in small amounts.  It's a great purging compound in the morning but could cause some issues during a heavy squat if you're not careful....

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users