#2421 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:53 PM

Yeah that shift schedule is long, but on the backside the off time will be great. Good luck!

• Stu and Poppy G like this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#2422 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,505 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:43 PM

Warm up:

LBBS: 5x5 @ 85lbs 10 second reps  ss 20 KB swings.

OHP: 5x5 @ 85lbs !0 second reps:

DL: 1x5 @ 225

10 second reps makes 85lbs a heavy OHP by the 5fth set, lol

That is all

• steviesch, Pops, Poppy G and 2 others like this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#2423 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:08 PM

Excellent work Range.
  • Stu and Pops like this
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#2424 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:56 PM

Some work

Warm up: joint rotations

LBBS: 3x5 @ 115lbs 10 sec reps

Bench: 5x5 @ 115lbs 10 sec reps

Rows: 3x5 @ 65lbs 10 sec reps

These paused reps are cool. Need to work on my breathing even at these lower weights. The trick with the bench is to go to parallel. The trick with the rows is trying to keep it close. The trick with the LBBS
Is breathing. Still playing around aaround with and reps. Having fun again.
  • Pops, Poppy G and danduerksen like this

#2425 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:07 PM

best news of the day right there

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#2426 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:33 AM

best news of the day right there

+ 1 on this here comment

• Stu likes this
"Whoops"

#2427 steviesch

steviesch

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:37 PM

Fun, fun, fun in Franklin County, VA... Like Sheryl Crow but huskier.

#2428 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

I've heard about Kratom for a little while but never tried it. One side of the table says it's a miracle herbal remedy and the other side wants to make it a schedule 1 illegal drug.

https://www.webmd.co...ratom-dea-ban#1

Based on the LD50 rate I think the idea of trying to make it a schedule 1 drug is absurd, but that hasn't stopped them in the past.

https://ecfes.net/sc...om-ld-50-stats/

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#2429 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

Keeping in mind cannabis is still a schedule 1 drug federally down there... and your president is now trying to ban vaping... Stu better not get caught with that stuff going through airport security.

Edit: quick look up tells me online kratom is $8-12 for 28-30g in Canada. Something like 16 different strains available from varies vendors. Going to continue researching.

Edit: couple of good videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube....h?v=l9-TrCUTg_0

https://www.youtube....h?v=HedEeSDzNSY

Still digging in.

Question. Presuming your dose is relatively small. How do you feel waking up in the morning? On a scale of groggy to invigorated.

• BeachBuckeye likes this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#2430 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:37 AM

Great info guys!  I've actually been studying the stuff these past couple days. I started by focusing on the positive gains from its use. These were very intriguing. Then came the negatives. I felt like I was watching "Refer Madness"  all over again. lol! The jury is still out. My gut tells me that as with most things, moderation is the key. keeping in mind, of course, my personality, my tendencies. I'm prone to believe in the medicinal value of the plants of this earth as having priority over the synthetic bulshit shoved down my brain for years by a force I cant even pinpoint. I call it, "They". Take Jimson weed for example. The natives of this part of the country used it for many purposes from medicinal to spiritual. The kids today eat this toxic beast and trip out and often die. It grows wild like the dandelion. Its nicknamed "The Devils Snare", lol! Beautiful flowering weed.

I take a teaspoon around mid day at work. I find myself with that morning energy towards the end of my shift. I'm going to try 1/2 teaspoon tomorrow. That is much less than the average beginner dose. There is now way I would eat a tablespoon, lol. I have no trouble getting to sleep. I may even sleep better, not sure yet, I wake up before the alarm goes off feeling good, but I usually do. I feel no jitters, yet, energized. I'm searching for sign that I'm more focused, but I'm not sure yet. Seems so.

In short, I cant be trusted LOL!

warm up:

joint rotations. These highlighted a weakness in my rotator cuff, I call it pain, lol! Its the LBBS.

LBBS: I spent time examining my form and learned that at this time my left cuff can not handle it. Its that damn winged scapula thing. This will take serious meditation to correct. I tried the front squat to learn that I have a doable challenge ahead. Wrist and elbow flexibility will get me what I need. I need the squat.

OHP: I focused on form as I've not done before. I pressed the bar and held it for the 10 seconds then lowered it for 10 seconds. 5 x 5 x 65lbs. (along with a shit load of single reps) To stable myself I had to, yes, CLENCH MY STUPID BUTT CHEEKS. Some real 101 shit. I had fun with that.

Company unexpectedly arrived and I cut it short. Frustrating but great fun with this sesh.

Until next time...

• Poppy G and BeachBuckeye like this

#2431 Poppy G

Poppy G

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 3,203 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

As i posted on some one else's logs. Try the zercher squat. cradle the bar in the crooks of your arms and squat. kinda like a goblet squat but not a goblet squat.

I trust you mate. But thats only because im on the other side of the planet and that puts a shit load of hot shit between us ;)

• Stu likes this
"Whoops"

#2432 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,505 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:54 PM

I just wanted to say that the OHP that I did yesterday has my tri's screaming a tad bit. I didn't expect that. All I did was press and hold until 10 seconds was up, then, lower the bar to starting position and hold for 10 seconds. I did 5 sets like that @ 65lbs! I feel like I blasted out scull crushers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)