2 replies to this topic

#1 chuckl211

chuckl211

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

Has anyone experimented with using the 2014 update for individual lifts during a OMOB cycle?  For example; using standard lifts (Bench, DL, Squat, Press) with V1 OMOB, then Exponential EMOM for squat, LAT for bench, etc? 

I'm not considering using a different method for each lift, more like using Exponential EMOM for 1 then the rest as perscribed.  Just curious to see if anyone else had tried something like that.

Thoughts? and Thanks in advance.

Chuck

• Jerred likes this

#2 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:02 AM

Hi Chuck, good question.  I will use the EMOM when I feel that an area is a weakness.  Example, my overhead is weak so I'm doing OMOB + EMOM and then will hit a WOD later in the day.  I've done that with squats as well.  I always use the money maker method for my last working set as well.  Basically max reps.  Just need to watch the volume lifted.

When I'm in a strict strength cycle, I will add 2-3 accessory lifts with my "major lift" but cut back on met cons.  That usually happens heading into winter as they are cold here in WI and running outside when its 10 degrees F doesn't excite me.

So long answer shortened, yes I have added them in as needed with success.  Hope that helps..

• Jerred and jpera149 like this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#3 chuckl211

chuckl211

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Thanks VidaMD, I appreciate the feedback.

Chuck

• Jerred likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users