10 replies to this topic

#1 Jcourt

Jcourt

Better Human

• Administrators
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

So this is a rather large idea(s) and i know Jared always has a lot going on and new things working at the same time and testing now some crazy new coffee for us that will help us do back flips (or at least believe we can)

I think it could be great to have a mobil app. I'm not sure exactly how large this community is but I'm sure it has gotten fairly large and is still growing. The app could of course be used to read the blogs and the WODS but i think it should be focused on the community. Commenting on blogs, on this community portion and such. A long with connecting with Eo3 as a whole, it could also be used for local sub communities.

Say Jared comes out with another awesome challenge or crazy 5K, but I don't want to do it alone. The app could help connect with other Eo3'ers to do together. Or maybe somebody wants a training partner to do get ready for a spartan race or something. This helps the growing community to connect and grow stronger together. This could also spur larger social gatherings for like once a month sat WODS, etc. 

This app could also be used for help locally. I am a Crossfit coach so most of the WODs and such I understand but i also see a lot of questions and confusion. Jared does great with explaining and having videos but sometimes people need in person help, where somebody like myself can offer help in person if need be, once again growing the community.

Another aspect the app could have is a table or section for the OMOB system. the person could enter their 1RM, say which cycle they are doing (rest time reduction, etc) and the app will tell them what they will do at the weight. This will also include the conditioning in that part. By buying OMOB that grants you a code to that section or for the better version.

Im about to graduate with my bachelors in Mass communication with a concentration in Public Relations and Advertising, and am interning at a Marketing firm so thinking from that perspective i see trends in the market and opportunities that Eo3 can definitely benefit from. Ive turned this site on to several people but still found myself at times wanting to connect more or do these WODs with somebody.

I might have more break throughs but this is good enough for now. let me know what you think.

• Jerred, jpera149, DustoffDave and 30 others like this

#2 Jerred

Jerred

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

So this is a rather large idea(s) and i know Jared always has a lot going on and new things working at the same time and testing now some crazy new coffee for us that will help us do back flips (or at least believe we can)

I think it could be great to have a mobil app. I'm not sure exactly how large this community is but I'm sure it has gotten fairly large and is still growing. The app could of course be used to read the blogs and the WODS but i think it should be focused on the community. Commenting on blogs, on this community portion and such. A long with connecting with Eo3 as a whole, it could also be used for local sub communities.

Say Jared comes out with another awesome challenge or crazy 5K, but I don't want to do it alone. The app could help connect with other Eo3'ers to do together. Or maybe somebody wants a training partner to do get ready for a spartan race or something. This helps the growing community to connect and grow stronger together. This could also spur larger social gatherings for like once a month sat WODS, etc. 

This app could also be used for help locally. I am a Crossfit coach so most of the WODs and such I understand but i also see a lot of questions and confusion. Jared does great with explaining and having videos but sometimes people need in person help, where somebody like myself can offer help in person if need be, once again growing the community.

Another aspect the app could have is a table or section for the OMOB system. the person could enter their 1RM, say which cycle they are doing (rest time reduction, etc) and the app will tell them what they will do at the weight. This will also include the conditioning in that part. By buying OMOB that grants you a code to that section or for the better version.

Im about to graduate with my bachelors in Mass communication with a concentration in Public Relations and Advertising, and am interning at a Marketing firm so thinking from that perspective i see trends in the market and opportunities that Eo3 can definitely benefit from. Ive turned this site on to several people but still found myself at times wanting to connect more or do these WODs with somebody.

I might have more break throughs but this is good enough for now. let me know what you think.

Ummm, I freakin' love this idea! In all seriousness let me shoot this post to a developer I've worked with in the past to see what he thinks, and what is possible. We may be able to get a starter app going and grow from there. 

#3 DustoffDave

DustoffDave

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

This would be an awesome addition!  I'm happy to volunteer as a Beta tester...

There's no comfort in growth, and no growth in comfort.

#4 theDonnybrook

theDonnybrook

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

So, sort of like FaceSmash mixed with Endomondo, specific to EO3 content.  Cool idea, but sounds like a huge programming project.  I will beta test for sure, though, on iOS or Windows 8

#5 Audrey Frazier

Audrey Frazier

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

I love this idea, too!!!  Count me in for beta - ANDROID. 

I will say that I love it here at The Rally Point because of the Community - because of the people attracted to being a Better Human Being.  I would hate to get overrun by a bunch of meathead douchebags.

"Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence."  - Abigail Adams, in a letter written to her son on 8 May 1780.

#6 Jerred

Jerred

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

I would hate to get overrun by a bunch of meathead douchebags.

Hahahaha I would have to shut everything down if that happened! 

• Audrey Frazier and DustoffDave like this

#7 jpera149

jpera149

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNWI Indiana

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

Love the idea and would love to beta test it for android if it comes about. Maybe even a section for logging that is more mobile compatible then just a forum section.

• DustoffDave likes this

#8 Jcourt

Jcourt

Better Human

• Administrators
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

Ha thanks, glad this was all so well received.

There are always bugs in the beg so you hit start off small and release stuff in phases and not a total dump.

And of course being my idea Id definitely beta/alpha (which im already doing for another app being created by a friend)

#9 SofaKing

SofaKing

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

This is a great idea. On another note, has anyone tried doing a meet up in your local city? Is there a way for us to find all people in... St Louis (where I am located). It would be great to coordinate workouts in my garage or someone else or meet up for an outdoor workout.

#10 Jcourt

Jcourt

Better Human

• Administrators
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:40 AM

This is a great idea. On another note, has anyone tried doing a meet up in your local city? Is there a way for us to find all people in... St Louis (where I am located). It would be great to coordinate workouts in my garage or someone else or meet up for an outdoor workout.

yea i think a new thread somewhere should be started, or even bigger category and ppl can start from where ever. like I'm considering starting one for Baltimore

#11 mikeb

mikeb

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Love the idea.  I keep checking the app marketplace hoping to stumble onto an EO3 app.  I would beta test as well.  Just please include Android.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobil app, mobil, app, social, meeting, meet up, training, community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users