#1 Magic

Magic

Zombie Apocalypse Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:35 PM

I stumbled across this site today and was thinking about purchasing the program. It seems that there are 2 different programs. Any suggestions on which one?
  • JosephMr likes this

#2 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:25 AM

I dont know what your experience is but I can speak for OMOB . I just finished 6 cycles of Version 1 and am in my 1st cycle of Version 2 . Short version , soon I'll be in BEAST MODE !  " One Man One Barbell " ...... and its only getting better ! Good folks here , check it out . I cant put a price tag on it , but thats me , might not be you .

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#3 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

Hey mate. If you're referring to OMOB or accelerate, either one is excellent. I have just completed 12 weeks of accelerate and got great results. I was running OMOB before acce relax and again after it and am loving that too...can't go wrong.
Does it hurt? Good. Get it done.

#4 Magic

Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

I went ahead and purchased OMOB deluxe last night. I started it this morning, I enjoyed the workout. Started with squats and I think I may have went a little light on my max squat guess, because I have only been back traing 3 months after my shoulder surgery. I probably shouldn't have done it so close to breakfast, the 6 200m sprints had my eggs in my throat. I added 3 sets of max strict pull ups after the EMOM. Is it ok to add a bit in ? Like for deadlift day I am gonna add some curls.
  • Stu likes this

#5 BigBadBombs

BigBadBombs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

I would recommend it. The value for 40 dollars is pretty good. And pay once and any updates Jerred puts out you will get. I actually bought it back this winter but haven't done the program very much and still think it was worth the money. I am starting it up again since the new update came out. 

He has a good system, that you can start you off even if you have been sitting on the couch for the last 3 months, and is always there to ask questions.

#6 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:58 PM

Welcome Magic,

As others have said you won't be disappointed with OMOB, it's a good program and Jerred is spot on.  Plus he's more accessable then Wendler aalthough I do really like Jim's stuff and attitude.  As a bonus, you get this site - on it you'll find all kinds of folks at various stages using the same methods.  Really helps when you have questions or hit walls.

Accessory work is good provided you can handle it.  If you're new to lifting, there's no need.  Hit your big lifts, work your form and mobility, rinse repeat.  If you're getting into the "advanced" stages of lifting - ie been hitting for quite awhile and you're needing more to keep your lifts moving north, then by all means add them in.  It will also depend on your goals and time available- what are you trying to accomplish?

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#7 Magic

Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

Just trying to switch up from my bodybuilding programs I have been running. I am only going to be able to run yhis for a week. I am having surgery August 3rd 2 week recovery time. I will start back up as soon as I am able.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users