#1141 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:53 PM

Happy Valentines day... You guys wont kick off if I am a bit late. 2 sleeps until the marathon. Tengo miedo!

Good luck on the Marathon. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Just curious, in Andalusia do they have water stations or wine stations? ;)

• steviesch likes this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#1142 steviesch

steviesch

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 PM

Hola Beach. No wine to be had. A great day out in perfect sunshine but not too hot. I recklessly targeted 3.5 hours based on doubling a recent 1/2 marathon time and adding 10 minutes... But had failed to do the necessary training to make this formula viable. So off I trot at 5 min kms. Somewhere after half way my folly became apparent. I eased right back and attempted to "enjoy" the marathon experience. Even cruising very slowly became difficult.... And I have to confess I did some walking. Great crowd encouragement and also shouts from fellow competitors.... A great day. Final scores.... 7884th and 4.33.09. Loved it! 25 years ago I did London marathon and was disappointed with 2.45...certainly did not love that race....more than happy with my experience today.... Not rushing into my next marathon any time soon... But am now sitting by the fire reflecting that I'm still in reasonable shape for nearly 57 years young! Adios!
  • Pops likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users