5 Wall Squats

10 Squats

20 Lunges

2 Rounds

10 Bows and bend

10 Spiderman Lunges

Dead Lift DL

All weights include the bar

5 x 62.5 Kg   ( 137.5 lb )    ss 5 Front Squats @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb )

4 x 82.5 Kg   ( 181.5 lb )    ss 5 Front Squats @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb )

OMOB

3 x 107.5 Kg     ( 237 lb )

3 x 117.5 Kg   ( 259 lb )

3 x 125 Kg      ( 275.5 lb )

3 x 130 Kg   ( 286.5 lb )

All SS with 5 Front Squats @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb )

EMOM + 12 Mins

3 x 107.5 Kg     ( 237 lb )

All SS with 3 Front Squats @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb )

Conditioning

AMRAP 15 Mins last weeks total Rounds = 7

BB ( supine ) HIP BRIDGES X 6 @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb )

BOX JUMPS X 15

SIT UPS X 15

This week Total = 6 rounds + 21 so

42 = BB ( supine ) HIP BRIDGES

105 = BOX JUMPS

90 = SIT UPS

Less than last weeks but im putting that down to the extra work put in on the front squats Plus using 52.5 Kg instead of just the bar on the Bridges.

Comments

OMFG Why did i do Front squats ???? I got squat day on Friday and im not sure even if  was to sit down for 3 days that im going to make it lol.

The EMOM was very hard work towards the end

Forest Gump was in today and just had to count the weights on my bar for my DL when i started to do my EMOM.

" So you doing 107 Kg huh"?

"Yes mate 3 lift every min for the next 12 mins Plus the SS Front squat "

" EErr Ok "

Why is it he can pick my weight in seconds but always manages to add 20 Kg to his own weight when telling me whats he has just benched even when i was spotting him LMAO

Extra Comments

Was stretching out and decided to try some OHS with just the bar. I managed to bends my knees and even started down into the squat.

I thought " you know what im going to film this for you guys to let me know where i was going wrong"

UKoldguygoesdown

First time ever i did not only one but 2, Must be the camera making me perform better... yeah right no one tell the wife

Let me know what you guys think please

Lee

• Jumper, Stu, Pops and 4 others like this
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#22 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

Not bad for an old timer mate! :)
To be fair you've got really good torso positioning being fairly upright.
It looks from that angle that your feet are too close together. Put a bit more space in between your heels and try to straighten your toes a little. Keep the weight over your heels as you drop down and keep your knees pushing outwards opening up your hips.
Good work mate!
  • Stu likes this
Does it hurt? Good. Get it done.

#23 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:54 PM

I'm glad I watched your video . I'm going to start doing these with the bar and see how it goes .

You know that you are going to miss ole Forrest Gump when you put your home gym together , lol .

The fact that you ss Dl's ( and everything else it seems ) makes me feel week and puny . great work for sure .

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#24 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:55 AM

J's right, check out your position vs mine. :08s mark vs 7:49 - specific to feet and bar placement. Here's an impossible task, drop into a back squat with a pvc pipe or broomstick racked across your back. Sit at the bottom and do an overhead press. This really helps me work flexibility and tight spots. Be careful, it's humbling.
  • DustoffDave likes this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#25 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for the advice guys :) and stu dude you got 2 years on me and just reading what you and tony do scares me lol

"Whoops"

#26 DustoffDave

DustoffDave

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

I'm loving this log! This is impressive stuff. Also, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has dealt with dingbats at the gym.

There's no comfort in growth, and no growth in comfort.

#27 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

J's right, check out your position vs mine. :08s mark vs 7:49 - specific to feet and bar placement. Here's an impossible task, drop into a back squat with a pvc pipe or broomstick racked across your back. Sit at the bottom and do an overhead press. This really helps me work flexibility and tight spots. Be careful, it's humbling.

Sotts press - being a smart Alec I have done this several times with a barbell (albeit empty) and have given the back of my skull a few love taps. This is probably the best measure of mobility!!
Kinda depressing/inspiring (depending on your mood) watching Klokov squat into the hole with over 100kilos, strict press it whilst ATG, then stand it up casually, say something Russiany and then fist pump. The only joy I have is the fact that I met him last year, and I'm taller than him. Take that champ!
  • VidaMD, DustoffDave and Stu like this

#28 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

Roger roger. Going to give this a go today and see what position I end up laying in. Could be a nice giggle show for the douchbags but that may be all the incentive I need to not end up ony arse lol. And now thanks to jumper I'm going to be thinking " I am Russian, I am the greatest" all the way through.
  • Jumper likes this
"Whoops"

#29 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

Thursday 05//11/2015

OMOB V. 1.0 Cycle 1 Week 2 Day 3

Row 5 Mins 1180

3 rounds

10 PVC pipe Pass throughs

5 Pull ups

10 Push ups

15 Kettle bell swings @ 7 kg ( 15 lbs)

2 Rounds

wrist circles 10 each way

Elbow circles 10 each way

Arm circles 10 each way

Bows and bend

Bench Press

2 sets of 10 Bar only

1 x 5 @ 42 Kg ( 92.5 lbs )

1 x 4 @ 52 Kg ( 114.5 lb )

All 4 sets SS with 10 body weight rows, I set up a second bar about waist high and put my feet on a bench and raise chest to bar as fast as possible

3 x 85 Kg ( 187 lb )

3 x 97.5 Kg ( 215 lb )

3 x 101 Kg ( 222.5 lb )

3 x 107.5 Kg ( 237 lb )

SS all with 10 BW rows as discribed above

EMOM 12 Mins

3 x 85 Kg ( 187 lb )

First 3  sets SS with 10 body weight rows, Then a 8 and the rest where 5's as i wanted to leave some thing for the thrusters yet to come :)

AMRAP 15 Mins

Thrusters = 11 @ 42 Kg ( 92.5 lb)

KB swings = 12 @ 15 Kg ( 33 lb ) The only pood i know is the one i take in the morning :P

Ab Fallouts = 27 \o/ Found the gym had some oly rings so set them up and tried these.. They hurts...ALOT...

3 rounds plus 26

Thrusters = 44

Kb Swings = 48

Ab Fallouts = 84

Extras

No extras as i had run out of time and sweat to give...

Comments,

Ouch Ouch and Ouch again.

Forgot to take a towel with me today so had to wipe up with toilet paper. My head and face is basily stubble so yeah i looked like a Hedgehog rolled in tissue.

Extra comments.

Legs are Roasted these last few day so really looking forward to Squat day tomorrow. Looks like im in for a whole weekend of hurt.

Ok so Forest came in as i was into maybe my 3rd set of my EMOM. He walked over to me whilst i was benching and watched me jump straight over to the bar for the rows. He asked me what i was doing so i said 3 lifts every min for about another 10 mins mate. So he nods his head at this. So he messes about with his bag and i hit the next 3 reps. As i make for the low bar he sits on then bench i was using for my feet so i just put my feet beside him and carry on. He gets up and then sits on the f**king bench press bench next. So he is sitting on the end i walk over swing my leg over the bench and tell him unless he wants to start feeling my crutch up his back he had better move.. 

He looked at me as if to say " omg what you doing here" ?

I honestly dont know if this guy is all the ticket or he fancies me and doesn't know how to approach me lol

Lee

• Jumper and UndeadQuartet like this
"Whoops"

#30 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:43 PM

LOL ! I think you might be on to something there . Your going to break ole Forrest's heart one of these days , LOL !

Awesome work ! Good warm up , nasty bench and vicious AMRAP's . Just think of all that weakness leaving body , you can thank sweet Forrest later , lol !

• VidaMD likes this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#31 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

Ha! Nothing like a bit of bump and grind at the gym to start a beautiful relationship!!
  • VidaMD and Stu like this

#32 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:32 PM

Nasty combo on the thrusters (no pun intended), swings & fallouts. Well done.

I admire your diligence to warm-ups. Seriously.

Your struggles with "sweating too much" make me grateful for the GrindHouse with it's dimly lit, sweat stained, spit soaked floors. Never a complaint. Never a worry.

• UKoldguy likes this

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#33 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

Whoops forgot to add the rowing,

Honestly Pops im breathing so heavy after warming up its like i have all ready done my conditioning work. But i do like to feel i have done it properly as these old joints are so easy to hurt nowadays. After my DL day my Carpul Tunnel has returned but im stretching it out and hoping it will be better for next weeks 2211 asi was hoping to hit new training maxes

"Whoops"

#34 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

As long as you don't make eye contact when you two spoon, nobody can judge you......  Makes you think twice about asking him to spot you whilst benching :o

• Stu and UKoldguy like this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#35 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

As long as you don't make eye contact when you two spoon, nobody can judge you......  Makes you think twice about asking him to spot you whilst benching :o

Made me snort beer out of my nose dude.

Friday 06/11/2015

OMOB V. 1.0 Cycle 1 Week 2 Day 4

Warm up,

Row for 5 mins = 1195 mtrs

3 Rounds

5 Wall Squats

10 Squats

20 Lunges

2 Rounds

10 Bows and bend. per leg

10 Spiderman lunges per leg

10 Single leg RDL with leg swing

10 second holds on the first and second transition holds for the snatch

Squat

Empty bar 10 reps  x 2 Sets

5 @  42 Kg ( 92.5 lb )

5 @ 62.5 Kg  ( 137.5lb )

All sets SS with 10 DL's @ 62.5 Kg  ( 137.5lb )

3 @ 90 Kg ( 198.5 lb )

3 @ 100 Kg ( 220.5 lb )

3 @ 102.5 Kg ( 226 lb )

3 @ 107.5 Kg ( 237 LB )

All sets SS with 5 DL's @ 62.5 Kg  ( 137.5lb )

EMOM 12 Mins

3 @ 90 Kg ( 198.5 lb )

All sets SS with 5 DL's @ 62.5 Kg  ( 137.5lb )

Conditioning

AMRAP 15 Mins

10 = Deficit Dead Lift @ 62 Kg   ( 136 lb ) me standing on 2 Bumper plates about 3 inches of the floor total.

12 = Box jumps

15 = Hanging Leg Raises

5 rounds plus 22

Deficit Dead Lift = 70

Box Jumps         = 72

HLR's                = 75

Comments.

Todays work out totally wasted me.

Sitting here now 3 hours after my work out and my legs are still wanting to punch me in the face.

Next week im on to the 2211 phase so im thinking i may just try and hit new PR's on all lifts but will have to wait and see.

Vida/Jumper i tried doing a few scotts press's today but felt way to beat up to really put any effort into it.

Extra Comments.

Ok so im the only person in the gym today apart for the owner who is behind the desk about 40 foot away doing his own thing.

First working squat and i need to fart.

Second squat im like" Im the only guy here " so i let it out.. OMFG it stank.. I have eaten quorn chilly con-carney the last two days for lunch as it was left overs for dinner ( so 3 days on the row now ) and the second squat i let another one go. Now being a old guy im giggling away to myself at this point.

So Im into maybe my 3rd set of my EMOM and i look over to the desk to see Scott the owner sniffing the air wondering what the smell is.

Now im laughing to myself. My wife comes into the gym at this point swipes her card ( the card machine is set up to clap if you are active and boo if you need to pay your subs ) and as the clapping starts I have a look to see who has come in and think " oh the wife is here" and then i see her smell the air and look at me...

She walks over to me and says " That's you isn's it ? I know because when i came to bed last night i could smell it in the bed room "

Moral of the story ?

Even in an empty gym my wife can still bust me lmao....and as i sit here now i know i cant let on go as she has my scent now and i cant even blame he cats or the kids...

Lee

• VidaMD and Jumper like this
"Whoops"

#36 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

I love the above post for several reasons. Probably most because you are drinking beer whilst reading. Now that's my kind of multi tasking.
Pretty rough when ya mrs can forensically id your scent without skipping a beat. No where to run. Funny as hell though.
How you like the quorn? Like meat but not really?
  • UKoldguy likes this

#37 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

Dude add enough sauce and quorn mince can taste like any thing you want it to, especialy if you leave it over night to soak in.

I make a spag  bowl out of it with 3 sauces for 5 people in a slow cooker and what ever is left i throw in a chilly con carne packet with some chilly beans whilst its hot and then let it sit in the fridge over night and boom i got tomorrows dinner sorted :)

"Whoops"

#38 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:39 PM

What the hell is quorn mince? Sounds like some mythical creature that only lives in Canada? Great stories man, keep 'em coming.
  • Jumper and Pops like this

#39 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

Ha! From memory it's a vegetarian alternative to meat. I never understood vege sausages though. The ultimate paradox.
'Touch my food, feel my fork' - do they still use that ad Lee?

#40 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:59 PM

Jumper, i love my snake bite which are 1 part lager 1 part cider. Now trying to get the mix right can be a pain in the a*se so whilst visiting this little town by us we went into a pub that uses 2 pint glasses.. yes thats a glass that hold 2 pints \o/ so now when i decided its beer time i can just get 4 pints of lager and 4 pints of cider and there is no room for mistakes:)  two cans 1 glass.

This drink by the way is not served in any pub in england any more as its pretty toxic.

We still eat our meat mate chicken and steak at least 4 times a week :)

Vida as long as funny stuff happens to me i will post it. I do seem to be a magnet for strange and weird thing to happen too :)

• Jumper likes this
"Whoops"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users