#42 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:33 PM

Ah yes the infamous snake bite. Does that not have a little raspberry concentrate in as well?
2 pint glasses....that just seems like a good idea!
Does it hurt? Good. Get it done.

#43 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:30 AM

I'm with Vida . I had to look up this quorn mince . Then , as I read on , I'm wondering about this " cider " ? Beer and cider ? Is that like dropping a shot glass of whiskey in your beer or something ? ( boiler maker ) Aside from that , the only thing I've ever mixed with beer is the standard tomato an clam juice . Cider and Lager huh ?

As for the farts , talk about the alpha male ! The wife walks into a public place and smells farts and immediately knows its you ? I am not worthy !

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#44 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:36 AM

Quorn...that metric for Corn?

I dunno... In Texas we don't fancy much to drinking our beer with cider OR raspberries. More like peanuts, pretzels or occasionally Quorn Nuts
  • VidaMD, DustoffDave, Jumper and 2 others like this

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#45 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:46 PM

Metric for corn, that's awesome
  • theDonnybrook likes this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#46 theDonnybrook

theDonnybrook

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

The culture shock of this log is killing me.  Love this stuff.  I think UKOldGuy schooled himself one way, and the rest of us another.  For the record, please keep your quorn mince on the other side of the pond.  I am glad to say I had nothing but good culinary experiences the last time I was in the UK, and I hope this won't spoil those memories...

• Stu and UKoldguy like this

#47 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

Monday 09/11/2015

OMOB V. 1.0 Cycle 1 Week 3 Day 1

Warm up,

Row for 5 mins = 1228mtrs

3 rounds

10 PVC pipe Pass throughs

5 Pull ups

10 Push ups

15 Kettle bell swings @ 7 kg ( 15 lbs)

2 Rounds

wrist circles 10 each way

Elbow circles 10 each way

Arm circles 10 each way

Bows and bend.

Over head Press OHP

All weights include the bar

Bradford Press Bar only x 10

Empty bar 10 reps

5 x  32 Kg     ( 70 lbs )

5 x  42.5 Kg ( 93.5 lb )

2 x  55 Kg     ( 121 lbs )

2 x  62 Kg ( 136.5 lb )

1 x  64.5 Kg ( 142 lb )

1 x  67 Kg ( 147.5 lb )

1 x  72 Kg ( 158.5 lb ) << Decided to try and extra 5 Kg ( 11 lb ) I did go for 79 Kg ( 174 lb ) but couldnt get it over my head so stopped.

All above sets

Super setted with 5 Pull Ups

EMOM  15 Mins

2 x  55 Kg     ( 121 lbs )

Super setted with 5 pull ups on the monkey bars so worked from parallel grip out and then back in.

All in all 120 Pull ups of varying hand postions.

10 RFT =  16:25.  Last weeks time was 17:50 1 Min 25 seconds faster than last week. Would have been faster but Forest insisted on coming over to tell me how much he was benching today..

10 x 10 Kg ( 22 lbs ) Front plate raise .. First 3 sets and last 5 sets as the plate is over head i do a behind the head Tricep Extension

10 x 20 Kg ( 44 lbs ) EZE Bar Bicep Curl

10 x 60 Kg ( 132 lbs )  BBshrug, when im at the top of the shrug i pull the bar up to either my belly button.

Comments

The over head Presses felt pretty light right up until the last 2 sets including the missed lift. Honestly thought i would make that lift but i think with the SS pull ups ( all chin over bar i might add :) lol ) im just pushing it way to far. So when i do try to push it and hit a new Pr im going to skip the SS work and just plan rest. I give myself 2 mins between lifts so the SS work does cut into that a fair bit.

Seeing as this is my last week before Deload week this will be the last time of doing this Conditioning set and only the gods know what i will come up with or find for my next cycle lol..

Bought some new wrist straps last week and after wearing them once i put them on today only to tear the stupid shite things in half. They are going back tomorrow with a stern word and evil glare.

Im going to call this section

The Stupid People Of Clacton On Sea Section

The owner was talking to me today asking me how im getting on and such and whilst we were talking an older boy and i can only assume it was his son were working out. Scott ( the owner ) told me they had joined saturday and as we spoke and watched them Scott needed to go over to them to show them how to use the dip machine as these two were really getting them selfs into all sorts of bother.

"Have you been to a gym before? " Scott asks

"Yes mate we have been to a few now"

" Ok guys let me show you how this stuff works and i will set you up a little routine to get you started"

Scott spends about 30 mins with these guys and tells them to keep away from the free weights and Bars.

This old boy must be 60 and the son maybe 20.

They decide to go against Scott's recommendations and go over to the Bench press.

Now im in 2 minds to say to them not to do it but i hate people telling me what to do down the gym so i decide to let them have at it.

Im glad i did let them as i have found a new Heavy lift condtioning combo that cant be beaten. I can only discribe it as the

"OMFG This is too heavy get the fucker of my chest" whist having your legs do a running motion on the end of the bench.

Yeah i know im going to Hell for this but i snotted out of my nose laughing as i ran over to help the son get the bar with 20kg on it off his dads chest..I didnt even speak to them as we racked the bar and they left the gym.

Wonder what wonders my gym is going to turn out for me tomorrow.

• DustoffDave, Jumper, Stu and 1 other like this
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#48 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

That's a pretty hearty OHP, nice work!!  As always, love the soap opera gym stories.  You need to write a book......

• Jumper likes this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#49 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

Story Time with Uncle Lee never disappoints. But the freaking OHP! You been holding' out on us..."mate." (that's metric for Bro for all you on this side of the pond.)

Nice numbers and nice work. Slow clap from Texas.

• Jumper and Stu like this

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#50 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:59 AM

Yep , thats what I was thinking Pops , only this slow clap is coming from the hills of South Western-ish Virginia .

Nasty OHP !

You are really , really going to miss that flying circus , but not as much as me ! lol

Did I mention that thats a nasty OHP !

#51 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

Wow thank you guys.. I honestly did not think that my OHP weight was any thing to write home about as i have it worked out in my book as weight ON the bar only so when i train its 50 Kg ( 110 lb ) as it makes it easier for me to work out which plates to put on. I went back through my written logs last night and realised that i had only been doing OHP in a machine at my last gym and although i had been hitting 45  and 50 Kg i had never added the weight of the bar. I think my 1 x  72 Kg ( 158.5 lb ) is  a PR for me. Going to dig deeper tonight and make sure and if so i will see you guys in the PR section lol...

Again thank you.

Lee

"Whoops"

#52 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

Oh yeah run out of Likes to give last night so i feels Pop's pain :(

• Pops likes this
"Whoops"

#53 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

Tuesday   10/11/2015

OMOB V. 1.0 Cycle 1 Week 3 Day 2

Warm up,

Row for 5 mins = 1227 mtrs

3 Rounds

5 Wall Squats

10 Squats

20 Lunges

2 Rounds

10 Bows and bend

10 Spiderman Lunges

Dead Lift DL

5 x 62.5 Kg   ( 137.5 lb )    ss 5 Front Squats @ 62.5 Kg   ( 137.5 lb )

5 x 82.5 Kg   ( 181.5 lb )    ss 5 Front Squats @ 62.5 Kg   ( 137.5 lb )

2 x 115 Kg     ( 253.5 lb )

2 x 127.5 Kg   ( 281 lb )

1 x 135 Kg      ( 297.6 lb )

1 x 140 Kg   ( 308.5 lb ) <<<< Should have stopped here

1 x 145 Kg   ( 319.5 lb )

1 x 150 Kg    ( 330.5  lb )

1 x  155 Kg   ( 341.5 lb )<<< According to my Wendler 351 Program  ( and the last i tested it this was my 1rm )<<< Felt i could get another 5 Kg (11Lb) But was running out of time and didnt want to miss my conditioning but really wanted to get up to my 1rm.

All SS with 3 Front Squats @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb ) <<< Was going to be 5 reps each but did 3 reps as i felt it last week on squat day :)

EMOM + 15 Mins

2 x 115 Kg     ( 253.5 lb )

All SS with 3 Front Squats @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb )

Conditioning

AMRAP 15 Mins last weeks total Rounds = 6 rounds + 21

BB ( supine ) HIP BRIDGES X 6 @ 52.5 Kg ( 115.5 lb )

BOX JUMPS X 15

SIT UPS X 15

This week Total = 7 rounds with 13 seconds to spare

42 = BB ( supine ) HIP BRIDGES

105 = BOX JUMPS

105 = SIT UPS

Comments

Happy i pushed up to my max today.

I did nearly go for a new PR but looking at the clock i thought i would treat myself in the new year to a DL 1Rm.

Dropped Front squats down to 3 as i remember last week hitting them 5's and then feeling it on Fridays squat day so i decided to leave some thing in the tank for then ;)

The first few set of Front Squats seemed abit heavy... and indeed they were. I need to take more care in preparing my days work outs and getting the weights right. I knew i wouldnt be able to carry that extra 2o Kg ( 44 lb ) through to the end so dropped back to what it should have been for the working sets.

By about the 9 th round of the EMOM i was thinking this was easier than last week then on the 11th round i was  looking at my timer wishing the last few mins away lol.

To be honest with you guys the ENOM and AMRAP feels like a pure 30 min work out in its self even though i give 10 mins between finishing the EMOM and starting the AMRAP to give this old wreck time to push my piles back up ponder the meaning of life and to figure out which way the exit is in case i need to puke ....

Extra Comments

Wall squats are getting easier by the turn :) i can actually scrape my glasses hinge down the wall now i can get so close :)

Absolutely nothing going on in the gym today, i was the only one in there training so maybe thats why i was so focused and hit the max....

On a lighter note and not to disappoint you guys.

I have a bed side lamp which is turned on by touch.( Im thinking of calling it Pop's ) lol No really you touch it and each time it gets brighter and the forth touch turns it off. My cat has figured this out... Yep last night at about 03:00 my cat was sitting on my bedside cabinet padding the lamp on and off.

It woke the wife up first and instead of kicking the cat out she lay there giggling to herself waiting for it to wake me up just to see what my reaction was going to be.

After flicking water at the cat to get rid off it all i could do was stare at her as after 15 years together i know any reaction just makes her laugh even more...

Sorry another wall of text but i find it very therapeutic writing this all down..

Edited to add. I took a picture of my Mickey Mouse chest and posted it in the gallery ....

Lee

• VidaMD, Pops and UndeadQuartet like this
"Whoops"

#54 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:02 PM

Awesome work Lee . SS DL's in beastly . Sounds like a great day at the Flying Circus .

Either the cat or the light would go , weather it be at a high rate of speed across the room , or slowly into the dixie dumpster , lol .

Mickey Mouse chest you say ? , Ha ! Dont make me flex my massive pecs . You might get jealous and then I'd have to flog you with my chicken wings !

• VidaMD and UKoldguy like this

#55 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:28 AM

You old English Silverback! Props on the DL! Even more so for having the stones to continue the front squats on the EMOMs. And the wisdom to know when to quit. My lower back & left testicle would be all the merrier if I were to apply some of that sensibility on this side of the pond.

And you can only name the lamp Pops if it gets dimmer w each touch...not brighter.
  • Jumper and UKoldguy like this

#56 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

Nice DL man - precisely why we're a dog family.  That way, when a stray plastic garbage bag blows into his pen, he has a dog door to come and go as he pleases, he's a small dog, stay focused here.  That way he can freak out at all hours of the night making you think someone's trying to break in....

• UKoldguy likes this

#57 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

Thursday 12/11/2015

OMOB V. 1.0 Cycle 1 Week 3 Day 3

Row 5 Mins 1217

3 rounds

10 PVC pipe Pass throughs

5 Pull ups

10 Push ups

15 Kettle bell swings @ 7 kg ( 15 lbs)

2 Rounds

wrist circles 10 each way

Elbow circles 10 each way

Arm circles 10 each way

Bench Press

1 set of 10 Bar only

1 x 5 @ 42 Kg ( 92.5 lbs )

1 x 5 @ 52 Kg ( 114.5 lb )

1 x 5 @ 62.5 Kg ( 137.5 lb )

All 4 sets SS with 5 body weight upright rows, I set up the rings ready for the fallouts later so used rings and hit these as fast as possible

2 x 92.5 Kg ( 204 lb )

2 x 102.5 Kg ( 225 lb )

1 x 107.5 Kg ( 137 lb )

1 x 112.5Kg ( 248 lb ) <<< should have been my last lift but im on a roll this week. Hit this for 2 before and used that for working out my 1 rm. felt easy so stopped at one rep and went for some more

1 x 115 Kg ( 253.5 lb)<<< New Pr

1 x  117.5 Kg ( 259 lb ) <<< used a spotter for this.. he touched the bar and got rebuked for it.  <<< EVEN NEWER PR LOL

Missed the 120 Kg ( 264.5 lb )

Think if i had rested alittle longer between sets and not been SSing i would have got this but happy with what i hit

SS all with 5 BW upright rows using a static bar set up as the rings were starting to hurt my shoulders.

EMOM 15 Mins

2 x 92.5 Kg ( 204 lb )

SS with 5 body weight upright rows,

The first 3 sets i noticed i had messed the weight up again and had 97.5 Kg ( 215 LB ) no way i was going to keep going with that on so had to drop it down.

AMRAP 15 Mins

Thrusters = 11 @ 42 Kg ( 92.5 lb)

KB swings = 12 @ 15 Kg ( 33 lb ) The only pood i know is the one i take in the morning :P

Ab Fallouts = 27

last week 3 rounds plus 26

Thrusters = 44

Kb Swings = 48

Ab Fallouts = 84

This week 4 rounds with 45 seconds left

Thrusters = 44

Kb Swings = 48

Ab Fallouts = 108

I had 45 seconds left on the clock but that bar was just going to have to stay on the floor as the Thrusters were killing me and my form was that of a 18 month old who has just started to walk trying to run across and bouncy castle, so yeah hands above my head waving around like a monkey.

Comments.

Im typing this with a pencil that had been celotapped to my head and im just nodding away hoping im hitting the right keys as this work out has totaly and utterly whipped me out.

Ok the EMOM, there is a special place for this the other side of the gates of hell, after about round 7 i was really having to dig deep to get 2 clean lifts, by 9 i was thinking i may need a spotter to be safe, funny enough 10,11,12 i managed with out thinking the bar was going to just stop on my chest. Now 13,14 and 15 had me cursing, i called the bars parentage into question several times.

Going into the conditioning, Well i went at this like a man possessed :) i knew i wanted to get 4 rounds in but after the forth round with a full 45 seconds on the clock i just knew that bar was staying on the ground.

New Pr on my Bench Press by 5 Kg ( 11 lb )

So tomorrow is squat day. Im thinking im going to miss SSing with Deadlifts and just see how i feel about  a 1rm on this as well as my squat is pretty weak to be honest. I got a 1rm on my Squat of 128 Kg ( 282 lb ) That being only 11Kg ( 23 lb) Heavier than my Bench. So im either pretty strong on my top half or my Squat sucks..

Tune in next time to find out how UKoldguy leaves more than just his sweat in the gym and signs up for knee replacements..

Lee

• Jumper and Stu like this
"Whoops"

#58 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:11 PM

Tune in next time to find out how UKoldguy leaves more than just his sweat in the gym and signs up for knee replacements..

Lee

ROT 1RM's(rule of thumb) - Poop first, squat second, never trust a fart.......

• UKoldguy likes this

#59 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

Like. (sigh)

#60 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:30 PM

Like. (sigh)

Oh how two words a full stop and a couple of brackets can make me laugh out lol..

"Whoops"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users