695 replies to this topic

#681 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationFranklin County , Va

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

Because Stu likes to watch videos of men squatting .... Sick dude just plain sick

We all know that Dan is too sexy for his Squat, lol.
  • UKoldguy and Stefanhem like this

Sua Sponte ! Now Get off my lawn ! :angry:

#682 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

I'm Back...again

Back on 5/8 (deload week) I was attempting a 1rm on the back squat. I hit an easy 2x275, 2x285 added another 10lbs and I lost it coming out of the hole. I was sure I had somehow managed to dislocate my hip. After laying in agony for about 10 minutes I finally crawled to my phone and then another 10 minutes later decided maybe I could actually stand up. Once standing it was obvious that it was not dislocated but the pain was still darn near unbearable. I filled my tub with all the ice from my kitchen freezer and the standup in the garage and topped it off with cold water. After about 20 minutes the pain had finally subsided to almost bearable. After getting my girls up to get ready for school I called my boss and told him I wouldn't be in. I dropped my girls to the babysitter as usual and headed to the ER. About an hour later I was finally seen and by then I could walk with a barely noticeable limp. They sent me on my way with a script for pain pills, I hate pain pills of any kind. Finally called a chiropractor and after speaking with him he told me to come right over. x-rays showed a crooked tailbone and a twisted tibia( I cannot recall the technical terms). He did some work and had me come back in 3 days. I have now seen him 7 or 8 times since and have needed less and less adjustment each time. He suggested I did not training of any sort until I woke up 5 mornings in a row with no pain in my hip or leg. Well, this morning was the 6th morning so as long as I am still not feeling any pain in the morning I am going to start in with some light weights. I have done a lot of reading in the downtime and I think I might try my hand at the Starting Strength program...

• Stu, UKoldguy and BeachBuckeye like this

#683 BeachBuckeye

BeachBuckeye

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationRedondo Beach, CA

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

Wow, glad it wasn't worse Tim. Glad to have you back and looking forward to seeing your progress.

• tpalmiter likes this

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory - William Barclay

#684 Virtus

Virtus

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationCoastal NC

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:28 AM

Damn, scary stuff brother. Glad you're alright. Good luck getting back under the bar.
  • tpalmiter likes this

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." 

The warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

#685 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

Holy shit Tim !

Why didn't you say something earlier ? We missed out on weeks of busting your balls. :)

I was going to say "ass", but that would have been insensitive :o 

Take it easy Tim. Cook up some of those tasty meals from your "House of Food" days and relax and enjoy.

Then its a burpee penalty for sure. :lol:

• tpalmiter likes this

#686 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

Thanks Guys, I am heading to the bar shortly! I am definitely going to keep the squats and deads light for a while just in case but I need the gym, been feeling kind of lost without it, and of course Stu's ball busting. Time to put on the TUTU and the PINK socks!!!!!!!! :) :D :blink:

• Stu likes this

#687 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:51 AM

5/26

Warmup

Back squat

3x5x175-Felt Good

Bench

3x5x115-No pain but my hip felt less comfortable than when squating. Eliminated the arch in my back on the second and third sets and it was much more comfortable

Deadlift

1x5x185-Easy Peasy

8kg alt single arm kb swings 4x25-200 swings total

30 minute walk with the dog.

I haven't decided yet what my workout schedule is going to look like. I have never had an issue with working out while my girls are sleeping, if they happen to wake up they always come down and get me, until the incident a few weeks ago and now I am no longer sure if I am comfortable with it, "just in case"...

• Stu and danduerksen like this

#688 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,730 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

I hear that. It's not the greatest thought to think your kids might come find you laid out. If you can find a different time in your schedule you're in good shape. But accidents are out of our control. I blew my back out drying off after a shower, and if no one was around I would have been on the floor for hours. If your girls are old enough to come find you in the garage when you're training maybe they're old enough to have a quick talk about what to do if you hurt yourself.

• Stu and tpalmiter like this

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#689 Stu

Stu

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

Your little girls will always remember how you overcame and marched on like a trooper. The best gift of all.
  • tpalmiter likes this

#690 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,992 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

One thing to take home from this? when you reach 49 like some of us guys them waking up with pain just reminds us we are alive....

Im scare as shit if the day i wake up with no pain.. means im dead

• tpalmiter likes this
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#691 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:11 AM

I hear that. It's not the greatest thought to think your kids might come find you laid out. If you can find a different time in your schedule you're in good shape. But accidents are out of our control. I blew my back out drying off after a shower, and if no one was around I would have been on the floor for hours. If your girls are old enough to come find you in the garage when you're training maybe they're old enough to have a quick talk about what to do if you hurt yourself.

Thank you, I never thought of it this way before. We actually recently had a discussion similar to this when an elderly friend of ours was found laying on her kitchen floor where she had been for about 12 hours.

#692 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

5/29/17

Warmup

Back Squat 3x5x185

Press 3x5x70

Deadlift 1x5x195

KB Snatch 50 reps each side, alt arms every 10

SS DB Shrug 5x10x35 DB Calf Raise 5x10x35

20 Minutes on the dreadmill

• Stu, steviesch, BeachBuckeye and 1 other like this

#693 russwoody

russwoody

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Well, 

Kinky as i am... that just made for an awkward moment whilst reading the forum at work! 

#694 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Well, 

Kinky as i am... that just made for an awkward moment whilst reading the forum at work! 

yep - oops

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#695 danduerksen

danduerksen

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,730 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC, Canada

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

... :blink:  me too...

"He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it."

Practice the basics as if they were advanced. That's the key to advancing

#696 UKoldguy

UKoldguy

Hard(est) to Kill

• Moderators
  • 2,992 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

Sorry guys I missed these 3 today. I have had to delete about 30 posts today. I apologise for my tardyness
My last word will probably be
"Whoops"
"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users