Pooh Bear

#23 RMBros

RMBros

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

My wife is currently Caving it - she gained some weight while recovering from plantar fasciitis and she's struggling with early menopause.

She's going fairly strict, although I have caught her sucking the flavoring off of honey mustard pretzels - not just eating a few, mind you, but sucking the flavor off, then throwing them away.

An unexpected side effect is that she is now doing more cooking - I had previously been in charge of something like 90% and now I'm down to 60-65%.

As far as cooking for three modern sapiens and one Paleo - we either just add cheese and sauces after cooking or make two batches that cook at the same time.

I am scared that she's going to eat my arm off while we're asleep, but that's a minor price to pay.

• NLgaragegym likes this

#24 RMBros

RMBros

Fitness Insurgent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Side benefits of caving continue - I made a 2lb meatloaf wrapped in a whole package of bacon and my honey just sat and drooled rather than complaining about all that meat.

I'm eating it with sriracha bbq sauce right now - too bad she can't share that part; it's a dollop of heaven.

#25 AndyS

AndyS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

I have been on a paleo lifestyle for the last 4 or 5 months. Allow myself lapses (bread, chocolate!) but generally try to keep 80-90% clean. Makes a huge difference when I do eat clean. More energy, no bloating, and better control over hunger. Soon after starting with the paleo adventure, I took part in the Whole Life Challenge. This is an online challenge where you try to eat well (guidelines support paleo), exercise, stretch every day. Allows you to join teams and I found the support network amazing. I think this made a huge difference keeping with my new found eating lifestyle. It made me more accountable to myself. Had a break for a month, now I'm about to do another challenge starting May 3rd to get back to my good habits!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users