12 replies to this topic

#1 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

My last purchase of protein powder was a 5lb bucket from bodybuilding.com of Dymatize Whey Chocolate cake batter. I picked it up on sale at half off. It is currently a little more at $54.99 or 0.87 per serving. At 35g protein per serving that comes out to about 3.5 cents per gram of protein. I am looking to see if anyone knows of a whey protein that is cheaper than the 3.5 cents per gram. I am not really as concerned about the flavor as I am about trying to get the most bang for my buck protein wise.  Thanks!!

• aidaes16, latishaht16 and Alexisslal like this

#2 Hammer

Hammer

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

I've been buying my whey from GNC for a while.  Have been thinking about trying what is available at myprotein.com but I couldn't tell you what the breakdown is at the cost per gram.

"Hey all you Vegetarians....  My food poops on your food."

"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#3 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

I've been buying my whey from GNC for a while.  Have been thinking about trying what is available at myprotein.com but I couldn't tell you what the breakdown is at the cost per gram.

Thanks Hammer, I'll check it out.

#4 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,425 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

I get 5lbs of MuscleTech at Sam's club - roughly $40 for 5lbs but you have to maintain your membership.  

• tpalmiter likes this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#5 1Man1Garage

1Man1Garage

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

I dont know much about this site... please use with caution-  who knows if it comes from crazy places or if expires shortly

http://www.fitnessde...rotein-powders 

I didnt do the total math.. Its cheap it seems

5.5 lb  24.97$ 

• tpalmiter likes this

#6 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:14 AM

Vida,I have had people pick it up for me there a few times but the closest one to me is an hour away and i only get in the area about once a year.

1man, I'm going to have to check out that sight some more, looks like petty good prices.

#7 Pops

Pops

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

haha! Well...Six Star has one at Wal Mart that claims to be 2lbs. The current price is $19 something (say 20).

It mixes lot like Sak-crete and the carbs are not the lowest (for those of us that have started counting those blessed things lately) but it's as cheap as I've found.

They've also introduced a little "cleaner" version with lower carbs and even less fat in a 1.5lb container for roughly $19.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now.

"Glory is not found in the destination, but rather in the pursuit." - A.J. Roberts

#8 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

haha! Well...Six Star has one at Wal Mart that claims to be 2lbs. The current price is $19 something (say 20).

It mixes lot like Sak-crete and the carbs are not the lowest (for those of us that have started counting those blessed things lately) but it's as cheap as I've found.

They've also introduced a little "cleaner" version with lower carbs and even less fat in a 1.5lb container for roughly $19.

I used to buy that exclusively until I read an article on protein powders, that was one of the worse rated ones, both for quality of ingredients as well as, somewhat factually, overstating the protein amounts. I cannot recall offhand what exactly it was that it said and have no idea if there is any truth to it The last tub I bought of it included a free tshirt, there was about 30 tubs on the shelf and they all had xx-large shirts, it quickly found its way to the rag bin in the garage.

#9 VidaMD

VidaMD

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 2,425 posts
  • LocationSW WI

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

check labdoor and https://examine.com/for protein reviews.  Not sure I trust any of them so I try not to think too hard about it.

• tpalmiter likes this

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

#10 tpalmiter

tpalmiter

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

I ended up going with allstarhealth.com , 18 pounds of whey protein for $90. I also threw in some fish oil, multi vitamin, gingko biloba and a new scale that weighs in grams rather than just ounces. Not impressed with how small the scale if but it will work fine for my home made pre workout and protein powder.
https://www.flickr.c...3444@N08/9132X1
  • VidaMD likes this

#11 DETERMINED

DETERMINED

Better Human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, NC

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:49 AM

Myprotein.us is the US distribution site for the UK brand "MYPROTEIN".

Their Impact Whey is is $58.49 for an 11lbs bag @ 20g protein per 25g serving = 200 servings. That comes out to $0.014 per gram of protein.

• Stu, Hammer and tpalmiter like this

#12 Hammer

Hammer

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

Myprotein.us is the US distribution site for the UK brand "MYPROTEIN".

Their Impact Whey is is $58.49 for an 11lbs bag @ 20g protein per 25g serving = 200 servings. That comes out to $0.014 per gram of protein.

Damn!  That's going to seriously impact my protein choices once I've depleted what I've already got.

• DETERMINED likes this

"Hey all you Vegetarians....  My food poops on your food."

"Now, get off my lawn!" :angry:

#13 Jumper

Jumper

Hard(est) to Kill

• Members
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

I'm running the myProtein at the moment. Cinnamon Danish. Pretty damned good.
  • tpalmiter likes this
Does it hurt? Good. Get it done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users